Sign in to follow this  
josephk

Single Fi Q 15" box...

Started on my box today for a single Fi Q 15" (still haven't ordered it yet though...). I just had to order from Fi as after reading tons of reviews and talking to a few people, I have heard nothing but great things, whether it be the great quality, customer service, and pricing.

Anyway the box is sealed (thought I'd make my first build a little easier on myself...). The Q's should do well in both sealed and ported enclosures, correct? I double layered the top to make it 1.5" thick. The inside dimensions of the box are 11.75" tall x 20.5" wide x 20.5" deep. Total is 2.86ft.^3. Subtract the sub displacement from that and the grand total is 2.67ft.^3. The .7 (almost a 1" cube :lol:) over shouldn't have any negatives, correct? If I need to take the size down a wee bit then I can just add another brace somewhere...

I got the box done today, just have to carpet and everything else. I'll try to get some pics. up when it is all said and done...

Also, the amp powering this sub will be a JBL GTO 1201.1. How does that combo. sound? Hoping to get both good SPL and SQ out of this.... let me know what y'all think.

Thank for the help,

Joseph K.

P.S., scott/nick I'll be sending $279.00 your way sometime soon ;) . Thanks again.

I dont know about SPL, but it should sound damn good.

Prolly get decently loud, so no worries on that part.

^^^ yupp Let us know how it sounds i think you might be one of the few that has a 15" Q sealed...

I deffinitely wanna hear review from you. I think someone ran his Q sealed and with 600w and won SQ comps.

Good to hear it :woot: . Probably be a few weeks before I get everything done, but I'll try to let y'all know how it goes... thanks.

Joseph K.

Should make for a nice SQ setup. Decently low f3 and Qtc of about .8. Nice all around setup. Bryan in FL has a pair of Q15s sealed and has won a few SPL comps with them as well... Im thinking mid 140s from an SQ setup. Others have been doing well in SQ competition too, and we have been doing quite a few subs for the Hybrid Audio/Scott Buwalda team lately.

Thanks,

Scott

A few pics... got all the wood on except for the bottom (going to seal all seams and then seal the bottom through the speaker cutout).

Box1.7.jpg

The cutout, 14.125"... anybody need a wagon wheel? As you can see, I did a little overkill on the screws... I had a full box that has just been sitting around for a year. Oh well, can't make it too strong. ;)

Box1.9-1.jpg

box1.10.jpg

With edges rounded and everything sanded... all with a wood rasp and sand paper. Took me a little longer than it would have if I had a router and belt sander, lol.

:woot:

Next, carpet. I may go with something else, but It'll probably be carpet...

Thanks,

Joseph K.

Edited by Joseph K.

Sign in to follow this