Sign in to follow this  
the727kid

MD3 vs. Kicker 2500.1

Any input on this? Any bench numberson the md3? I can get the MD3 bout $150 cheaper than the Kicker and it would be from an Authorized dealer while the kicker wouldnt be. I plan on running four of either amp each to a 15" hdc3

the md3d benched at 2000w, a number straight from dirk himself.

What load and at what voltage did the MD3 do 2kw's? Also was that the 05/06 model or the 07 model, and was that max power or RMS?

What load and at what voltage did the MD3 do 2kw's? Also was that the 05/06 model or the 07 model, and was that max power or RMS?

more info on the md3d,from S/N Ratio,damping factor,watt range at each ohm

Need more info on the MD3D that was tested. I want to know if it was the 05/06 models or the new 07 models that are more like the AX line. And as stated before what was the resistance and what voltage did the MD3D put 2kw's out at? Was this Max power or RMS? And I am assuming this is all it could push before clipping. And as Rasta4life said what are those specs that he asked for? Come on I know someone knows something.

Yes I saw that thread but that is just basic ratings I was wanting to know real world test results, as everyone knows if you just go by specs then you can get some really cheap 3000RMS Boss Amps

damping factor does make a difference and a damping factor of a 100 in nothing compared to a speaker like I am going to be using(JL 13W7) if a 500 like a JL amp it will sound best to that speaker because that is the way they designed the speaker for that amp so if I want to change my amps and I am talking about a 3 ohm load 1200- 1500 watts what better us amp with a higher damping factor should I use.

alright, the md3 will put out 2kw with a 1 ohm resistive load (usually what dirk tests amps with) and it is with the 07 model...im sure the 05-06 will put out the same as well. and the damping factor is 100 at 4 ohms.

alright, the md3 will put out 2kw with a 1 ohm resistive load (usually what dirk tests amps with) and it is with the 07 model...im sure the 05-06 will put out the same as well. and the damping factor is 100 at 4 ohms.

Car audio tested the 2006 MD3D and got over 2000 watts RMS at 14.4 volts at 1 ohm load, with music it would put out about 2500-3000 watts

New 2007 class DE MD3 is way more musical than the 2006 however, the 2006 md3 using the Harris Intersel chip which makes the amp sound more aggressive to some.

Damping factor is misleading on class-d designs for the equations were made to describe A/B amplifiers originally.

Does the 2007 put out as much as the 2006? I was under the impression that they made some upgrades to the 2007 models, that they were more like the AX line.

Does the 2007 put out as much as the 2006? I was under the impression that they made some upgrades to the 2007 models, that they were more like the AX line.

they say no but they might,i like the looks of them tho,they got plexiglass on the bottom to see guts of the amp,and very efficient on the alternater but that one would still require a pretty big ho alternater

So the older MD3's the model that was not like the AX line actually puts out more power? I thought that the newer line was supposed to be of better quality and a better performer. Also does anyone have any experience with the 2007 MD3's, the reason I ask is cause I have 2 of them and since I installed them I am having turn on and off noises. I have also installed a new HU a Kenwood KDC-X891 so I do not know what is causing the problems but I have heard that the new MD3's have had issues with noises.