Sign in to follow this  
Lord Baccus

Need Spl subs

i was reffered to you my "Black00"

i am looking for subs that do StreetBeat/BassRace for a wall

i prefer 15" but am open to doing 12"

i have heard people discussing Fi @ Spl competitions in Dallas & Ft Worth Tx but have never seen an Fi sub go live...

seems to be a killer looking sub .

what do you recomend...

i am in a 1996 Chevy X-cab w/rear seat removed. amps are mounted to the rear wall

bass amp is a Massive P3000.1

1ohm per ch

2ohm bridged

I would do either a single 15 or 18 Fully loaded BTL....

18 if you got the room.

btw does you're PAP subs get loud?

inconclusive:

i did a sweep and did a 147.3db but after i heard a rattelling noise i notice that 1 of the 6" flaired ports had fallen into the boxx :(

had no way to repair it on site so i did not Burpppppppppp with a port down...

well find out this saturday in Ft Worth Tx / Hooters / competition

a few months back i did a 149.db with the 15" MOABS / 3k in an 8cf enclosure ported @ 38/40Hz... not bad for a street beater

Edited by Lord Baccus

i believe he charged 50.00 more for the honeycomb w/cavlar cone...

i had talked with John and was concerned that the cones on the off the shelf subs i was using were too heavy, and the motors were power gluttens, so i asked if he could use the cone for the 07' MOAB on a WMD frame with the new motor ! more effeicent, so he built a prototype, & 2 weeks later i had a set of custom subs...

I don't mean to keep asking, but were they $50 a piece? I asked paul if he would sell them, and he said they were expensive and thier other cones were out of stock. I believe he doesnt want to do business with me, after the voice coil situation

I don't mean to keep asking, but were they $50 a piece? I asked paul if he would sell them, and he said they were expensive and thier other cones were out of stock. I believe he doesnt want to do business with me, after the voice coil situation

im not really sure as i get a discount for repping them in Dallas/FtWorth Tx @ competitions...

im sure he has no problems selling the soft parts...

ill ask him for you.

what size & how many cones did you need ?

you just need the cones or a recone kits ?

there not going to get madd @ us for discussing this in the Fi forum are they ?

dont wanna make waves.

pm me :)

Edited by Lord Baccus

Where at in D is the comp. I live in atx and have a 15" btl fully loaded but right when I build a box my girlfriend got rearend and smashed the trunk in to where it wont open :Doh: The car is in the shop right now and should be done next week. A little after that I will hook everything up. You plan on coming to ATX any time soon?

If you want something for 'strictly' spl you definitely do NOT want to go fully loaded.

Go with the SPL option, 2 slug BTL if your looking for a single sub. If you plan on playing ANY music at all you need to choose the 'daily' option. Otherwise you will rub the coil out over a short period of time.

Thanks

-Nick

Where at in D is the comp. I live in atx and have a 15" btl fully loaded but right when I build a box my girlfriend got rearend and smashed the trunk in to where it wont open :Doh: The car is in the shop right now and should be done next week. A little after that I will hook everything up. You plan on coming to ATX any time soon?

chech out http://www.tbp.20m.com for show times & dates etc etc etc...

and also http://www.soundandimage.20m.com different show

If you want something for 'strictly' spl you definitely do NOT want to go fully loaded.

Go with the SPL option, 2 slug BTL if your looking for a single sub. If you plan on playing ANY music at all you need to choose the 'daily' option. Otherwise you will rub the coil out over a short period of time.

Thanks

-Nick

was hopeing to build a wall for Bassrace/streetbeat... with 4-15" something i can power with a Massive P3000.1

would have to be dual 2ohm subs, not to expencive,

Black00 is helping me figure out how to do a wall the right way :slayer:

is there somewhere in Dallas TX area i can see them live ?

Black00 is helping me figure out how to do a wall the right way :slayer:

i

I ain't helping you do chit if I don't see those dimensions I told you to get by 3pm today.

I don't have much patience kid.

Marshal????!?!? Is that you? Give me a call!

Id look to (4)SSD 15s with that power. Should make for a solid setup with 3kW. And if Marshal is behind it, it will be loud.

Marshal????!?!? Is that you? Give me a call!

Id look to (4)SSD 15s with that power. Should make for a solid setup with 3kW. And if Marshal is behind it, it will be loud.

Hey Scott !

PM me your cell number I'll call you this evening.

Sign in to follow this