zaxfire69

140.9db with 1 15"BL is that pretty good??

Well I hit my first competition today in Mccomb, Ms..I had my 15" BL in the Trunk with the seats up..Just like I ride around with everyday. I hit a 140.9...in the passenger Kick panel with my passenger window down. Should I be discouraged or happy..I hated I couldn't use my own music and had to use the Usac Cd the guy provided me..Cause I didn't know my noter or that cd that they stuck in my deck...I think If I would have know my note I would have done better...Please give me some feedback..

Is it loud enough for you?

Relying on a meter to tell you whether you should be happy or not is silly if you're not competing seriously...

Well it depends what class are you in? And your supposed to play track 19 to fine your note

And a BL can get a lot louder than 140.9 if you are in the stock 601-1800 then thats not so good ive seen a lot worse

next time fold your seats down

140.9 isn't the greatest score, but are you happy with it? does it do what you want everyday? i'd also suggest putting the seats down next time, it will make a drastic difference. But its hard to just judge a score without knowing your exact setup and vehicle....if you're running 1000rms and have a 60 amp alt, it's hard to keep the voltage up to supply the amp....a lot of things factor into an spl score....as long as your happy with how it performs everyday, then yeah i'd say be happy with your score....not saying you can't figure out ways to improve upon it though.

my friend has 1 soundstream splx and did a 146.something.I mean tearing up chit in the car and anything 4 blocks away from him so i think that Fi can do around at least 150 easily without no hesitation,if tuned right and all that other good stuff.Keep working on it my friend.

????? do we even know what amp he's running and you're honestly saying because it's Fi it's going to have a 4db increase? do you realize just how much that really is?

edit: nono...a 10db increase, my bad

140.9 is actually a very good score. If your goal is to compete on a regular basis, then you can definitely get more out of it. How much more depends on where you go with this install, but I personally would be satisfied with that score.

mccomb mississippi huh im located down in gulfport and im gonna be getting a 15" bl is it fully loaded?

and let me know if you know of any other comps down here i really would love to check them out i know

there is one in west monroe,la on august 26th do u know of any others

so i think that Fi can do around at least 150 easily without no hesitation

Are you thinking before you're typing?

gorilla pimpin is the master of all subs.

he knows everything and played with pretty much anything on the market.

/sarcasm

Well the enclosure is 4.0Cuft @30hz..I have the American Bass VfL 150.1 on it The gold Chasis amp..Car is a Honda Civic 96 model. Seats were up. I played Track 20 on that cd..The thing is my box dosen't do higher bass at all..That chopped and screwed version of In the air tonight by Phil Collins literally makes my whole Dashboard move up and down an inch in either direction. I think track 20 wasn't the right song for my setup..It didn't even do anything until the last few seconds of my run..I know I can get more out of it..I just think I need to get more time on this Term Lab meter..My setup isn't set up for SPL anyway..I like listening to low bass hitting rap, stuff that makes my whole car flex and shake..I think it can do better...I just need a copy of that Usaci cd that they use..Then I could figure out which track to play..I know nothing about that cd or where to get it??

In a daily tuned box a 140 is a good score for a single 15, especially out of the trunk with the seats up. I give you props!!! You can pick up a copy of the cd at www.soundoff.org I belive.

It is for sure Daily tuned..30hz is low..That is what I like..Low earth shatering bass..Thanks for the props. Also the speaker is a Daily speaker, not the Spl upgrade.

isnt track 20 20hz??????

so if you hit 140.9 of 20hz wow! lol

what amp powered it?

and that score was with your backseats up and sub in the trunk?

you can gain quite abit just putting the seats down, dynamatting (or similar) the crap out of your trunk and finding what your car peaks at.

just put the seats down and use the right test tone and you will get alot better score...

what is your box tuned to?

ok, i totally passed your post up with box tuning and what amp you had.

sounds like a winner combination.

even though you dont cruise around with your backseats down that should yeild alot better number.

your box is just about how i like mine.

I love it day to day..But for Stereo Competitions I think it is a little on the low side..Well thanks for all you guys input..

I would be very happy with that..... I personally have never metered any of mine because the mic doesn't really tell you how "loud" it is.... but a 140 in a trunk car IMO is pretty good for a single 15

Edited by Kicker Guy

i wouldn't worry to much about it. try to see if you can get some time on the meter and find a better song or tone.

so you were blasting 20hz for 30seconds? Damn is your woofer ok?

20hz is low low looooooooow

was the tone you played crazy low?

It seems to be ok..Yea it was low..I didn't really have a chance to play regular music back through it on the way back home..My wife was with me and she has virgin ears so..If I turn it above 10 fingers go to the ears. So I hope it is cool..Is track 19 a sweep cause I played it first and it didn't do anything until the end then it rolled into track 20 and it was over.