Adrian_D

1996 Jeep Cherokee

Thanks guys :)

Next upgrade in plan is an Audison lrx 1.400 to replace the kx400.1. Goodbye class D :D

Headliner is tan, the rest is gray :P

The doors look tan also

I'll take a couple pictures of them when the light is good. It is a lighter shade compared to the dash though.

I got the grill idea when looking for some JL w6 grills :)

Started the grill a long time ago but only managed to weld it and make it "pretty" this weekend :

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4740.jpg

IMG_4742.jpg

I bent it over a disc the same external diameter as the sub. The edge of the disk had a 1/2" radius on it. I made some small triangular cuts so I can bend it around the rounded edge and then proceeded to weld together the sides. It's a tad larger than the cutout but that isn't a problem.

I still need to make a riser from sheetmetal (and weld it to the grill) to go between the basket and the cutout for the flushmount. Then it's time for paint and grill cloth :D

Thanks again JL for the idea.

Thanks guys !

I still need to get off my ass and finish the grill.

Nice work Adrian. I hope to start learning how to glass...

Nice work Adrian. I hope to start learning how to glass...

Get to it. Learn by doing it.

No sheetmetal around the house = grill gets delyaed even more :(

Nice job.

Updates :

KX400.1 was sold and replaced by a Zapco AG750 (should be well enough power for the RLi at 8 ohms and even for the xxx in case I want to throw it in the car for fun).

Mostly likely position for the amp. I'll build a cover out of mdf to hide the sides of the amp and the connections. And a plywood board will go on top of the cover when I carry stuff around.

IMG_5399.jpg

Grill progress :

Risers :

IMG_5421.jpg

Risers in place :

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

I managed to weld them in place on the grill, grind down the welds and give it a shot of paint. More pics tomorrow. Now I only need to get some grill cloth and the grill is done.

Grill is almost done. Just need to attach the cloth a bit better. Didn't turn out exactly as planned but it's function over form once again :)

IMG_5444.jpg

IMG_5445.jpg

Sub amp installed, time to build a nice cover out of mdf or plywood.

IMG_5448.jpg

That grill turned out great, Adrian. Are you about done with the build now? Any other plans?

One more thing to do right now is change the head unit. I've got a 9835 waiting to get installed since early December. Bought it just for the fancy screen. The 9813 will stay in storage, it's one piece that I dont want to sell.

The sub/amp combo is as good as it gets for my budget. I'd probably have to invest a ton for singnificant improvements.

I've been wanting to buy a pair of Peerles 2inch fullranges and a pair of Fostex FF85k to test out but all the time something else comes up :(

IMG_5577.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

A reference 1000.4 would be a nice fit between the ag750 and the spare tire :D

IMG_5568.jpg

Amp rack, before sanding and paint :

IMG_5573.jpg

Right now the paint on the rack is drying. Still need to make a beauty panel over the amp to protect it from damage.

IMG_5610.jpg

Still needs carpet and a bit of finishing. Looks crappy now. :peepwall:

I left the ends open (and a small opening on the side) to allow for air to flow. It has a small fan on the side next to the rear seat.

Will covering the openings with carpet interfere a lot with the air flow ?

Couple "small" updates :

Tried out the xxx in a spl config and scored 142.2dB with the Zapco on it. There's more score there but no time to play...yet...

IMG_5787.jpg

Did a shits and giggles run with the daily setup and scored 131dB with a single rl-i10, sealed, on 350w :)

My new mids finally got here :D

IMG_5927.jpg

IMG_5898.jpg

IMG_5902.jpg

They don't interfere with the clutch. Going to protrude even less because I will cut the kickpanel and move it more to the left.

IMG_5901.jpg

Looking from the driving position. When the steering wheel is straight the mid isn't visibile. Hopefully it will not be too much of a problem.

IMG_5907.jpg

Can't wait to test these out.

Path length diffrence is 30cm compared to almost 60cm on the tweeters.