cheesehead

Enclosure recommendations for 12" Atlas

I just purchased a 12" Atlas and am looking for some suggestions on enclosures.

I will be running just one 12" with 300w rms going to it.

Any recommendations appreciated.

i had my Atlas in a 1.5 cube truck style box and it sounded fantastic in that much space. . .the box was sealed and i had around 400 wrms going to it. . .i imagine 300 watts will do just fine but i don't remember what the recommended enclosure sizes were for the Atlas anymore, i think my 1.5 was a bit large for sealed though. . .

1.25cf sealed...

Thanks Lord B.

Have you had any personal experience with this sub? If so could you give me a little review?

i had my Atlas in a 1.5 cube truck style box and it sounded fantastic in that much space. . .the box was sealed and i had around 400 wrms going to it. . .i imagine 300 watts will do just fine but i don't remember what the recommended enclosure sizes were for the Atlas anymore, i think my 1.5 was a bit large for sealed though. . .

OK thanks

I can't seem to find any manufacturer recommended sizes. I am looking to keep it sealed for simplicity reasons. And so far both recommendations have been for sealed.

I will be placing this into the hatch of a 1995 Chevy S-10 Blazer. Does anyone have any recommendations on locations and firing of the sub (towards the back window,down,towards the back seats,in a corner ect.).

sorry, i had mine behind the front seat of my single cab sonoma. . .i wouldn't even to begin to imagine how to place that sub if i actually had room for it in my truck. . . give it a little bit. . .i imagine since you have that room, building a ported enclosure might open up that sub a little more. . . i'm sure someone on here can offer some advice, just wait a little bit. . .

1-1.5 sealed ...bigger will give you a little more output, personally i liked 1.25 the best.

2 cuft @30hz if you go ported... i liked this the best in my truck (sonoma x-cab).

you can message me or email me if you'd like any more info on them....rjajmr0221@yahoo.com - rob

1-1.5 sealed ...bigger will give you a little more output, personally i liked 1.25 the best.

2 cuft @30hz if you go ported... i liked this the best in my truck (sonoma x-cab).

you can message me or email me if you'd like any more info on them....rjajmr0221@yahoo.com - rob

Thanks rjamr0221 I appreciate the response. I will be sending you an e-mail with a few questions.

Thanks Again!

I have ported cabinet plans that Chad gave me for both the 12" and 15" Atlas' they are for HT though around a 20Hz tune if you are interested PM me.