Sign in to follow this  
82cutty

2 mj 18's . Now with pictures of box build

Thanks guys .

I'm happy it's almost done . Now I need to decide what amp to get for these bad boys . Then more fun installing the whole system . Hu...2 sets of 6 1/2in. comps for the doors and 2 sets of extra tweets for up front...3 amps and a lot of wire lol

Hopefully in a few weeks it will be all done . I want to hear these bad :D

They look very nice flush like that.

Thanks guys...

I sure hope he gets an amp quick I want to listen to these :D . I have a feeling they are going to sound very nice .

Very good. One suggestion tho - use a black marker on the exposed wood on your recess. That will help to give the box a nice professional finished look.

Very good. One suggestion tho - use a black marker on the exposed wood on your recess. That will help to give the box a nice professional finished look.

Yes...i'm going to use a marker around the outside edges of the carpet to touch up the glue left behind . I think i'm going to leave the wood alone on the baffle . I was going to paint the cutouts black but i like the contrast of the wood and carpet

sick ass build!

i wish i had the time and tools to do that!

sick ass build!

i wish i had the time and tools to do that!

Thanks...you don't need many tools . Just a good saw and a drill or nail gun and maybe some clamps to help you out

I had about 15 hours on this box total .

Looks good. Be sure to give feedback on how it sounds...

Sure will :D . It might take a little longer now...he backed into a pole the other day . The trucks in the body shop now .

Finally have an update...my computer was screwed up for a few weeks . It's good now. I got my buddies system installed finally. Man these subs are just awesome . I got a cadence zr 10 on them and boy do they get loud...serious air these 18's throw down and sound incredible . Massive low end and also tight and punchy . These are by far the best woofers I have bought for the money . They are tearing the explorer up...massive roof flex...rear hatch flex...just about everything . I'm very happy with them so far . How long do they take to break in ? They have been in for about a week and seem to get louder every day ?

I'll post some pictures of the final install soon

Glad to hear you're liking them. I usually recommend ~30 hours break-in time but YMMV.

make a VID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :popcorn:

I would but don't have a camcorder. I could borrow one...how do i go about posting a vid ? Same way as you do pictures ?

Photobucket ?

make a VID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :popcorn:

I would but don't have a camcorder. I could borrow one...how do i go about posting a vid ? Same way as you do pictures ?

Photobucket ?

Use the video host provided by ssa!!!

Great box man & well done on the carpet, def. try & get a video loaded on to ssa's video site!

congrats

here's the link in case you feel lazy, lol : http://www.teamssaudio.com/video/

Edited by thedukey42