So who is running what.........how do you like it compared to past head units?

I am currently running a Panasonic Q 903...... and it is by far the best HU I have ever had.

I had 4 Kenwoods prior to this one incuding a 715X....and this panasonic just blows it outta the water! :ph34r:

Currently an Alpine 7998 and an Alpine 9813.

Previous decks included the Pioneer Premier DEH-P850MP, the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X969, and the Clarion DXZ735MP. All of which I still own, and hook up once in a while for shits and giggles. I do like to change decks frequently, I don't know why, it's just one of those things.

My favourite would probably be the 7998 ... looks, features, etc -- though fairly hard to operate if you don't read the manual, or haven't used a previous Alpine. The Premier was solid over the summer, love how it folds down and how it looks. The Excelon is awesome as well, so is the Clarion ... they're all nice ... all do their job well, and would recommend any of them.

- Steve

Currently running the Eclipse 55430

have P1R in need of repair though

Currently running the Eclipse 55430

have P1R in need of repair though

Do tell what's wrong with the P1R ... :blink:

- Steve

not sure, its the old one from our old demo car at Salisbury Sound and Speed, I am probably going to sell it to a friend and he will fix it, I am happy with the eclipse for now, it puts out plenty of volts and is very clean and works fine

Alpine 7965. This is my 2nd one. I have also had 2 7864's. All previous Alpines were stolen. Pioneer with the screen saver. Don't remember the model. Also had the Kenwood Excelon d-mask when it first came out.

right now ive got a DEH-P6400...its nothing specialm but I got it out of a trade for practically nothing so I happy with it...it gets the job done. Before that i was runnin a Sony 8050 Mobile ES, which I liked waaay more than the pioneer...it was far superior as far as features and ease of use. I guess I'm one of the only guys that hasnt had a problem with sony HU's...well Ive only used th mobile es line so i dunno about all the other junk...

I'm running a Pioneer deh-p7300 at the moment, and I'm happy with it, but I'll be upgrading soon. Possibly to a Premeir 940mp, or the p9 if I can find a good deal on it. The one before this one was a Panasonic CQ-df44 (ya know, the 2000 model with the BRIGHT blue face). I liked it ok... not enough power and no sub outputs though. and that bright screen made night driving a tad irritating, even on its dimmest setting, and it was a backlit cathode tube, so when it was cold you had tot wait for it to warm up to be able to see the display. Before that I had a few Kenwoods and Alpines and liked none of them... before that was the factory Ford cd player... it didn't last but 2 weeks before i yanked it for my first kenwood..

Currently an Alpine 7998 and an Alpine 9813.

Previous decks included the Pioneer Premier DEH-P850MP, the Kenwood Excelon KDC-X969, and the Clarion DXZ735MP.  All of which I still own, and hook up once in a while for shits and giggles.  I do like to change decks frequently, I don't know why, it's just one of those things.

My favourite would probably be the 7998 ... looks, features, etc -- though fairly hard to operate if you don't read the manual, or haven't used a previous Alpine.  The Premier was solid over the summer, love how it folds down and how it looks.  The Excelon is awesome as well, so is the Clarion ... they're all nice ... all do their job well, and would recommend any of them.

- Steve

Steve, when I get some extra money, you're so selling me that eXcelon, so keep it in good condition ;)

Also, if you have extra money, you can still get that Cyclone. I'm not going to be able to afford it unless someone in my family dies in the next month or I get hit by a car or something :blink:

a Clarion ProAudio DXZ615---nothing fancy---it is just a volume knob and a CD player for me---I might be in the market to buy a new one soon though.

I just bought a used jvs kdsh707 its great 3-2v pre outs mp3 comp. pull radio stations in like a magnet a big upgrade though from the factory nissan HU... :ph34r:

Alpine 9815...awesome head unit but i'm trying to figure out how to adjust the treble because my highs aren't just that high right now...

welcome to the site sleeper

I have a T-bird lol

Currently - Panasonic CQ-DF88

Past - Older Pioneer Deck

Rockford Fosgate

RFX9100

RFX9200

RFX93000R

Eclipse CD8053

Hey its Perry!!! welcome to our humble board, bring some more friends :D

currently a pioneer 6400....although the future might hold a new indash screen or a 940 or something of the like, i love all the pioneers i've worked with but thats just me, i've also ran an old alpine and an older sony ... some es model but i don't remember which :rolleyes:

I was running the P1R but moved it to the wifes car and now getting ready to run the P9 combo

I am very jealous :boink:

Alpine 7894 right now. I dont have any plans on changing anything except to an alpine iva-900 and that probably isnt likely any time soon.