Sign in to follow this  
bahnspl

SSD max rms power

I was wondering about daily RMS powerhandling. I know every sub has imp rise,. But lets say I have a 15 " ssd with flatwound coils. Could I put a 1200 watt rms amp on it daily? or 1400?;

really depends on the enclosure

I had an old JL 15W4 200 watts rms powered by an 800 watt rms amp...never failed...box was badass thats why it handled power

Edited by aznboi3644

Probably didn't go too low either.

Hoffman's Iron Law, read up on it in the Tech Section.

Well I stick to my guns with ratings. Standard SSD is 800W... seem to do great with that. Flatwind hops things up to 1000W... "similar" soft parts to another sub I built for many years and those have always worked well at that. Now with the BP option, that changes things. We have seen 200-500W increases with that...

Thanks,

Scott

damn i might have to look into that beeing my next sub then jump into the Qs and BLs

really depends on the enclosure

I had an old JL 15W4 200 watts rms powered by an 800 watt rms amp...never failed...box was badass thats why it handled power

Or you had impedance rise like I do.

As of right now my 15" SSD with Copper coil is running 1200 watts and isnt breaking a sweat, going to try 2000 and see how far i can pop the dust cap off.

Why try and break your sub bob? If you dont want it, send it to me, I will "Break it" for you, I have 2500 rms so I am sure I can get that cap off for you :D

Why let you have fun when I can do it all to myself?! :P

It was more of a sarcastic tone in there. I do plan on running 2000RMS in comps to try to get my 145. 1200 watts 142.5 with HU skipping so i know its in there.

Scott if you get a email asking for a recone from me thats why.

In all seriousness the few people who've been in "the game" for quite some while are confident i can run 1500+ clean signal to really get this thing wangin, so heck, my not give it a try. Its not like its a $500 sub.

Sign in to follow this