Xibalba

12" BTL

I really do hate asking this question, but I am curious. I only really see everyone running 15's and 18's, not 12's. Does anyone know how the 12" BTLs sound?? Or at that size would it be better to go with a BL or Q?

I have no experience with the 12.

I would assume that people looking for a BTL are looking for output.

People looking for output, look for displacement.

Bigger is better.

I know there are a few around here that have a 12BTL...hopefully they will come by and share their take.

I have a 12" BTL fully loaded and currently I am hitting 143.4 out of the trunk. no sound deading materiel either. I am thinkg about going with a wall, with 3 12" BTL's that way I can still be in street beat 3.

Quite a few people run the 12's, however they aren't as popular as the 15's and 18's....

Thanks

-Nick

I don't think it is possible since the magnet is different. But you could try and email Scott at fi to find out for sure. I know that my BTL dose not have a whole drilled in the bottom of the magnet, and the Q's do have a big whole drilled in the magnet to help with the cooling.

sweet...is it possible to rebuild a Q to a BTL?

No. They are 2 completely different motors.

If you change the motor, and the soft parts, the basket is the same.

If you change the motor, and the soft parts, the basket is the same.

Honestly for the bit you might save recycling the basket you'd be ahead of the game to just sell the Q and put what you get towards the BTL.