Sign in to follow this  
ladi3sman55

2 MAW-15's

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

cant tell but it is primered and got painted the next day..

6.jpg

again just primered..

i will probably do a second coat of paint some time this week and maybe put some sort of finish on it.. i'll try to get pics of the box painted.. i only have the 4 sides together as of now because the other 2 sides will have to be installed inside the trunk lol. amp should be here on friday so i will be bumpin by this weekend!! i will have to get a wire kit soon.. i should have taken some pics with the sub in it too.. o well i guess.. pics of the box painted might be up today if i get around to it!!

:)

Looks good, but I'd love to see some bracing in the box. Big holes with thin walls otherwise.

Looks good, but I'd love to see some bracing in the box. Big holes with thin walls otherwise.

bracing is in the plan (i have about 6 triangle already cut).. i gotta get the box in the car and put the top and front on first tho..

amp should b here with in 12 hours :D and amp kit will b here mondayish

bumpin by next sunday if im lucky.. work and school gives me very little time to work on my box :(

bracing is in the plan (i have about 6 triangle already cut).. i gotta get the box in the car and put the top and front on first tho..

bumpin by next sunday if im lucky.. work and school gives me very little time to work on my box :(

I am glad it needs a lot of internal support. Personally I would have made the baffle at least another 3/4" to help compensate as well.

I am glad it needs a lot of internal support. Personally I would have made the baffle at least another 3/4" to help compensate as well.

you would have made it triple baffle?!?!lol its already double baffle.. you dont think that is enough? i could make a third but i didnt think it would need it.. like i said i have tons of left over mdf since home depot doesnt know how to cut lol

what kind of amp is that?

its a cadence txa1000d

ive only heard good stuff about them so im looking forward to bumpin by next weekend :D

Those Cadence amps are great for the price.

I would make a divider in the middle and make it into two seperate chambers. Not that I feel two chambers are necessary but it would add alot of structural integrity to the box. It would take alot of flex out and help hold the weight of those 2 15's

I would make a divider in the middle and make it into two seperate chambers. Not that I feel two chambers are necessary but it would add alot of structural integrity to the box. It would take alot of flex out and help hold the weight of those 2 15's

i actually happen to have a piece of wood that is the exact size to fit in there.. but idk if there is enough room between the 2 subs.. i will test fit them later

i have 2 maw 15s as well trying to figure out how to get them in the trunk of a geo prizm lol

Edited by its_bacon12

i have 2 maw 15s as well trying to figure out how to get them in the trunk of a geo prizm lol

haha im guessing your going sealed

wat amp do you have running them?

haha im guessing your going sealed

wat amp do you have running them?

the old old dei 1100d (1999 model) so 1100w rms

^^should be real nice!!

update: car is wired and box bracing is done.. im lazy and tired so pics will be up later.. if weather is nice i should be done tomorrow :D

its a lil past due for an update but o well..

everything is in and running.. only problem is box flexing (i took bracing out for clearance reasons when i put the box in..) the bracing will go back in when i redo the baffles (my other problem) i cut the holes on the baffle with a jig saw so they look like chit and let air out of my box.. im planning on porting the box with some external ports also.. anyways here are the pics:

0911072139a.jpg

0913071602b.jpg

0913071602a.jpg

0913072055a.jpg

0925071522a.jpg

0925071523a.jpg

0925071521b.jpg

0925071521a.jpg

o and the amp kit came in too.. lol pics:

0910071436a.jpg

0910071440a.jpg

0910071926b.jpg

0910071926c.jpg

pic with dash some what apart:

0911071920a.jpg

the first cd to play on them:

0911071616a.jpg

(and yes i was disappointed he was out sold by kanye but i have to admit this cd is nothing like his other 2.. and kanye's new cd is definitally better)

decent box...I would have used MDF but plywood works if you brace it well.

I have that same wire kit....awesome kit for the price....awesome kit in general

Those rubber gaskets are designed to have the screws go right through those holes. Any reason why you used washers instead?