yenwen

Ok guy I give up

Ok guys I give up! I need your help to completely redo my substage.

My goal for my system is to have some loud SQ if at all possible. Want 2 10'' or 1 12''.

Only thing I'm keeping from my current stock is my amp which is a PPI PCX 2200.

Price range 600-700

Type of music: Hiphop/ R&B

Car: 1997 bmw with the fold down seats.

Completely starting over with your advice since I can't do it right on my own. Thanks in advance.

What sort of bm'er?

Any reason you are limiting yourself to 2 10's or 1 12"? What sort of space are you willing to use? What does the front stage and headunit consist of? How are you fabrication skills?

At what impedance does the PPI do 800w bridged?

E36 2 door

PPI amp 800watts bridged 4ohms

Front stage stock Hamman will change that out later not sure to what. would be nice to have some suggestions there too but don't want to spend too much money on that cuz not too sure how much longer this car will last. With the subs atl east i know i can pull it out to another car easily.

Deck is a Eclipse older one. basically just a radio and cd player

I wanted to save some of my trunk space, fabrication skills... well no tools to do it so no possible way for me to get it done. Will probably pay a shop to build a custom box for my car 250

No such thing as loud SQ with the stock front stage...by definition it will be pretty hard to blend the two together when you have 800w on a sub and a chitty 5w or less on your mids.

Where are you located and what portion of your budget do you expect to go to a box builder?

Located Orange County California.

250 for the box.

I'm focus on having loud SQ bass. Mids and those I'll be taking care of separately since it's 5 1/4'' kick panels. I figure it'll break me another 200-250 for my front stage. considering i have a separate 320 2 channel ppi amp for that.

Is there a system you have heard somewhere that you liked? My gut feel is what you are asking for and what you are asking aren't the same...

well, M5 you've been helping me with each of my posts and i've got to thank you immensely for that. You're right the CVR right now hits LOUD but muddy and sloppy and honestly the bass sounds like total crud.

It drowns out my front stage but that doesn't bother me too much at this point since I'm worried about putting my money into my car than it's value. That's why I want a sub right now since if I do change cars it'll be simple.

The sub stage I want to to be loud but i think you guys have a different definition for it. I just want to be heard from like a block away. MUAHAHAHHA But that's only when I want to show off. It's a daily driver so I don't need to show off all the time. So I do care about SQ a lot. I just want to be heard when I drive out to a Hot spot.

Since I have a 3 way front stage I want to install something that'll sound decent. I'm not doing any competitions so it'll be just for me most of the time. I don't know much about cabin speakers but I've been told Focals are prime. I've also heard that infinity perfects are great stuff and MTX... But that's about all i know.

I'm going to upgrade my alternator to 140amps to help me out some with my dimming lights.

It drowns out my front stage but that doesn't bother me too much at this point since I'm worried about putting my money into my car than it's value. That's why I want a sub right now since if I do change cars it'll be simple.

It is very easy to swap a front stage out and if you ever use SQ to describe your system it will have to be done. Typically it needs to be done first.

The sub stage I want to to be loud but i think you guys have a different definition for it. I just want to be heard from like a block away. MUAHAHAHHA But that's only when I want to show off. It's a daily driver so I don't need to show off all the time. So I do care about SQ a lot. I just want to be heard when I drive out to a Hot spot.

Not possible with your power. If you want super loud with the amp you have you will have to give up any semblance of SQ. If you want SQ you won't be able to hear it 10' away from your car when full out with the windows closed. With them open it won't offend anyone. You are asking for two opposite things and it isn't possible. Actually with an E36 the first goal isn't really possible either, the car is too tight. You can make it wang, but it will never be a ground pounder or if so it will be louder outside the car than in and that is the gheyest thing ever.

Since I have a 3 way front stage I want to install something that'll sound decent. I'm not doing any competitions so it'll be just for me most of the time. I don't know much about cabin speakers but I've been told Focals are prime. I've also heard that infinity perfects are great stuff and MTX... But that's about all i know.

An E36 will require that you do some serious fab work to get another 3 way in. Considering the questions you have been asking I would highly recommend that you go with just a straight 2 way. It is fairly easy to get a 6.5" driver in the kick and of course that is preferred.

And one other comment, the whole wanting to be heard thing is pretty immature. Your stereo should be for you and only you. If you want to make 180dB in your car that is fine with me, but the install goal along with it would be to make it as quiet as possible on the outside.

I see..... Alright. Well what set of 6.5 would be good for a reasonable price? Would I be upgrading Tweets or my 2.5'' mids?

Haha true I haven't grown up yet. Still very immature for my age. So, are you trying to tell me that there is no way I can get decent LSQ in my car?

Yes you can get good loud SQ in your car, but a SPL monster it wont be. I would personally go for a SPL setup if you still have the urge to shake things up.

So, are you trying to tell me that there is no way I can get decent LSQ in my car?

What he's saying is that loud SQ may not be what you're going for.

You can try to start simple by hooking up your other PPI amp to your front speakers to at least help out with your project.

So, are you trying to tell me that there is no way I can get decent LSQ in my car?

What he's saying is that loud SQ may not be what you're going for.

Exactly, not even close.

Alright so how should I set up my front stage? What reasonably priced speakers should i consider getting?If i go two way do i change out my 5 1/4 along with my 2.5? or tweets?

Stop confusing yourself. You don't give a rats ass about SQ. Why not come on here and ask us how you can get as loud as possible for $700 which is the only thing you care about...

but really can i get some help on a 2 way set up for my front stage?

I'm not familiar with your vehicle, posting a picture of the kickpanel area would be helpful...

How much do you have to spend? Keep in mind you'll need four channels of amplification, whether that's a four channel amp or two two-channels, and a crossover.

but really can i get some help on a 2 way set up for my front stage?

of course. First things first, have you heard anything that you like anywhere?

Also, how much customization are you willing to do. To correctly mount the driver in your kick you will have to cut the kick for access. The 6.5 can bolt right into the front fender beneath the kickpanel cover, but once you put it on a baffle you won't be able to put the kickpanel back on. Most 6.5 will fit without a baffle, but I would recommend not doing it that way.

As for your $700 comment with 800w at 2ohms you have a few options that are around $500 so you will have close to $200 for a box. I'd probably choose a pair of Icon D2's in 4cuft ported or a pair of SoundSplinter Rlp12's D2's 3.5cuft ported. If you really want output though upping the amount of power you have would open some other doors as well.

As for speakers naw I haven't really heard anything really nice. Type Rs are cool but kinda cold. same with the low end focals.

upping the power by how much? I mean 1000watt ppi is practically impossible to find. and i want to stick with the same quality.

800watts is not going to get you anywhere near as loud as you want to be. Get an amp that'll do 1500-2000 and then you'll have plenty of options sub wise: HDC, BL, BTL, DD, and many more....

I've heard/used the HD's & DD's and they'll get VERY loud and sound good for daily/music when tuned to 35Hz.

HD? 1500-2000 watts?! can my car even fit an amp that big? lol ok well if that's how i described my system... well can i get a moderate? I mean I haven't been around any pro's system b4. Just around your average joe.

And how many average Joe systems hae you heard that do what you ask? None. 1500w would be a bare minimum and really pushing it.

As for the PPI comment on quality, there are a ton of options that will exceed what you currently have. As well as it is just a sub amp.

Perhaps you are starting to see that you aren't asking for reality and therefore it is pretty impossible to help you. The first thing you need to do is get off the computer and go listen to some setups. If you like the Type R components you will be easy to please as they are one of the worst sounding sets I have heard in the past few years. Loafing around on the net isn't going to help you understand what you really want, driving around town and listening to different things will. Beware your wallet.