Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

SI 8" pictures

This might now be exactly how the final version will look, but here's a peek at what I have sitting at my house.

post-25-1086910607.jpg

And another picture...

Oh yeah, measured near-field frequency response un-baffled was 40-1600 Hz +/- 3 dB. Not too shabby. :P

post-25-1086910701.jpg

hmmm maybe I'll use 8 of these instead of 8 of the RE8's. But I have no idea what the cost is. how much will these run for?

Sweet! Needs a different front gasket though. ;) One piece would look cleaner. Can't wait to get my hands on them. Have you it in an enclosure yet?

im gonna play with it this weekend!!!

my predictions: tru hammer - 1 SI8 - 0 :P

j/k, nick already told me i wasnt allowed to put the 8 on my hammer :(

I like the looks of it. Something different for a change :)

- Steve

cone looks so small compared to that surround, :P

my predictions: tru hammer - 1 SI8 - 0 :P

Speaking of which, I need my enclosure for the 12 back. I'm going to put a plate on it to accept the 8" and run it in my car...with 1k on it. (obviously not the full 1k :P )

my predictions:  tru hammer - 1    SI8 - 0 :P

Speaking of which, I need my enclosure for the 12 back. I'm going to put a plate on it to accept the 8" and run it in my car...with 1k on it. (obviously not the full 1k :P )

not the full 1k? wuss :P

8s looks pretty sweet... should be interesting to hear more

Nick..you going to let the cat out of the bag about the 8"?

Uh-oh, more good news? Or are you being YOU? ;)

Okay, here's the deal. you give me the 8" you have.

Sound good?

my predictions:  tru hammer - 1    SI8 - 0 :P

ill pull the box out of the closet for you. we might need to use your drill to get the mag out though... but it will be here, waiting for you, or i might swing up to your place with it this weekend, and we shall put 1k on the 8!! and then bring it down to my parents house :D

with the use of those topplates wont the cost be a little more ...(just asking)

and 1kw to a 8" sub isnt so bad, thats the setup i have in one of my cars... :slayer:

jamie

Cost won't go up from what we've already posted due to the top plates. I'll try to listen to it as soon as it stops raining here long enough for me to work on my car.

the front of that thing looks awesome. i think i might upgrde my midbass befor sub now lol.

ay ideas on how much the gunna cost?

Cost won't go up from what we've already posted due to the top plates. I'll try to listen to it as soon as it stops raining here long enough for me to work on my car.

Tell me about it. I feel like I'm in the freaking rain forest here. We've had about a 10 year drought and now it rains every damn day. Geez.

had to show pix of one of mine after seeing that little guy lol. Its cute. I'll definetly buy a pair to see how the react. Top plate seems tall enough but not for that large of a surround imo. don't mind the glue this is the one I broke, need to use different dustcap or surround I want the high roll surrounds but they're heavy so efficiency will go lower than it allready is. There's a pic of the motor in my 1st thread keep up the good work guys.

T

post-25-1089072894.jpg

Top plate seems tall enough but not for that large of a surround imo. don't mind the glue this is the one I broke, need to use different dustcap or surround I want the high roll surrounds but they're heavy so efficiency will go lower than it allready is.

Efficiency on our 8" is up there, so the "large" surround doesn't hinder it one bit. Taller, narrower, surrounds actually decrease efficiency from what we have now.

+/- 12mm one-way linear doesn't exactly spell a normal surround for an 8. And with a bandwidth of +/- 3 db from 40 Hz to 1,600 Hz, I'd say the 8 does a pretty good job of holding it's own despite the look of the parts used.