Sign in to follow this  
dejo

fi q 12

I am considering a Q12 for an IB install in an 84 El Camino. I have a Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1 that should make 850rms. if I have the sub modded for IB use is this a good choice. I listen to just about everything from techno to metal and some bass music

gonna put that useless spare tire well area behind the seat to good use eh

with that being the case more than likely, to accuratly do an IB set up, i dont think you have quite enough airspace in that compartment for it to work correctly, however, building a box to work in that area isnt a hard task, i had an 81 camino years ago and had a 15 in there in a sealed enclosure, just dont plan on keeping the spare tire in the vehicle.

I've seen a couple of people ask and Scott says he can change up the Q a little to accomodate an IB setup. The Q should be even more of a low end monster in an IB alignment.

Yes we tweak Qs for IB home use all the time, and for some of the SQ car guys (like the Buwalda/Hybrid team). We can tailor things for the application... but as someone else mentioned it might not be a true IB setup... depends on the space. Simply might end up being a really large sealed enclosure. Either way, if you can give me some rough dims for space I can come up with something. As with all IB setups, displacement is king and Id go the largest driver size you can fit.

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this