Sign in to follow this  
gotFI?

pair of bl 18"s in trunk?

i have a 01 saturn L300 4 door. i pulled the back seats out and throw a bl 18" back there. now, im going to be getting another bl 18". this time the 2 will be in the trunk. how should i have the subs firing and where should the port be located. (firing). the backseats will remain out for my amp rack. :thanx:

subs and ports to the front is usually the loudest for a trunked car just so their is less air space to pressurize. and if you face both towards the lid it will break stuff.

subs and ports to the front is usually the loudest for a trunked car just so their is less air space to pressurize. and if you face both towards the lid it will break stuff.

What he said...

Are you sure you have enough volume to do 2 ported 18's in a trunk?

Thanks

-Nick

Are you sure you have enough volume to do 2 ported 18's in a trunk?

Thanks

-Nick

x2- that would have to be tight in a saturn..

im going to wall it now. what tips can you guys offer me. would i be @ 145-149 db's on music with 2 bl 18"s and RF T40001BD?

might as well get BTLs on that power.. and should be an EASY high 140s low 150s car with a wall built correctly for 2 18" BTLs..

im going to wall it now. what tips can you guys offer me. would i be @ 145-149 db's on music with 2 bl 18"s and RF T40001BD?

Its impossible to tell what you will get.

But its a strong possibility.

What they said...lol

I definitely see it being in the realm of reality with those numbers. Depends on how you go about doing it as well. My feeling on bassrace is that it should be tuned low (sub 40 Hz) and produces some real "bass". But more and more people are tuning up to the highest peak they have and running there. This is why we are starting to see more and more super street and now extreme vehicles stepping up to Bass race. Something wrong to me about that. End rant...lol

If you tune low, it will be harder to turn a higher number, but it will "pound" hard and be more impressive in general. A 145 at 30Hz is MUCH more violent than a 145 at 60 Hz. But a 150 at a higher peak (say 55-60) will be easier to do.

Thanks,

Scott

Sign in to follow this