Sign in to follow this  
molurus73

Thinking about a Magnum...

I am new to the forum. I am looking at the 12"Magnum. Currently I have a PG t1200.1 and a t500.2 for my front stage. I am considering downgrading to a second 500.2. Would the Magnum do well with only 500 or so watts? Or should I just keep the big amp. I don't really need tons of output, just loud good sounding music. Also, what would the best cu ft be for a box for a single 12" Magnum? I have done some searching but didn't really find an exact answer. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim

First off, welcome to the Forum!!

:+1:

As far as power is concerned, I have had great results with my 15" Magnum and 300 watts. Now if I were you, I'd keep the 1.2K play with the volume/bass knobs. Plenty of headroom and more power if you ever need it. You already have the amp, so wahy change it. Keeping it leaves options for future upgrades or just more power.

Nick's enclosure specs are pretty much dead on for all around good sound. Of course I'm a fan of the no enclosure theory. B)

What kind of sound are you looking for and what vehicle?

It is in a 1999 Olds Alero. I have a box that I am fiberglassing right now that is about 1.5 to 1.7. Depends on how I finish it off. I can make it smaller if needed for that much power. I am looking for a very accurate reproduction of everything music. I listen to a lot of metal, but every now and then I will listen to just about anything. I want to be able to get loud when I want but normal listening most times. I am thinking about getting some CDT HD's for my front stage. I like the IEK option. I want the sub to blend well. I have had two e coned 12k's, an E12A, currently have 2 E12O's. I want to get a single sub set up that I can leave alone for awhile. I am tired of changing my mind. I am hoping the Magnum might be it. Any suggestions, thoughts, and comments are appreciated. Thanks, Jim

1.5 to 1.7 cubes would be great for an SI 12 even with 1200 watts. Just stuff some fiberglas insulation in your fiberglas enclosure and you'll be good-to-go! :)

I am thinking on getting the 15" D2 or 12" D2but would like to hear them. Anyone live near Virginia?

SI is located in North Carolina if you ever feel the need to take a short trip :)