Sign in to follow this  
ACE2790

Assasain 8 troubles!

Alright, I dunno wtf went wrong or why it happend but my two Assasain Series 8's sound like complete ass. I had a shop install my subs for me, custom built wood box, memphis 500watt amp and they BLOW!! I think my stock system bumps harder than these things. I dunno what the hell is wrong. I got the subs, they sat in the box for like a week and a half, then got installed. The installed said he looked the whole sub and system over and saw nothing wrong. They hooked up a Memphis 8'' into my box and it hit harder by itself, HELD IN PLACE, than my two subs did screwed down and cranked.

Im pretty much pissed off to no extent right now, id love it if someone on here of authority could help me deal with this. Theres no fudgein phone number to contact this company and the last 2 emails ive sent about past issues, I got no freakin response.

Edited by ACE2790

I think it came out to .85cubes a sub. I dont remember if its ported or sealed and I dont wanna go check. I told them to make it ported so I assume it is, ive been so distraught over their crap Ive just kinda zoned everything else out.

Well, maybe go and look at the box real quick to see if it is in fact ported or sealed.

What vehicle are we talking about and were are the subs located in said vehicle.

Are the subs wired correctly for that amp?

If you have 2 dual 4 assassins the only configuration you could wire them in is 1 or 4 ohm. That memphis amp is not 1 ohm stable so, maybe they are wired to 4 ohm load and a 4 ohm load on that amp is 250 watts, so 125 to each sub.

The shop told me they tried multiple setups to get the best results. At half gain, the subs produced no sound at all. Amp is brand new as well.

Come on man, I'm trying to help! :)

Screw the shop!!

Is the box ported or sealed? What vehicle? Where are the subs?

How are the subs wired?

Just out of curiousity what head unit do you have? What other components do you have installed? Another amp? Upgraded or stock speakers?

System Info.

2000 Std. Cab S10

Amp: Memphis 500/1 (Brand New)

Box: Estimated 1.7 total cubes SEALED

Wiring: Subs wired at 2ohms each totaling 4ohms then bridged to 1ohm to the amp.

Headunit: Jensen VM9312 7'' Touchscreen, 3 weeks old.

Misc: 6.5 Clarion Coaxial door speakers, everything else stock.

I just called the installer and he said theres no way it was in his install. I need to know whats going on!!

And thanks for the help.

Edited by ACE2790

Of course the installer says no way it's his fault.

Wiring = ? To me that wiring of the subs does not sound right at all. The subs are dual 4, so two of them = wired to 1 ohm or 4 ohms.

Memphis 500/1 = not 1 ohm stable. So I'm sure the shop that sold you the amp knew that so they wouldn't wire it to 1 ohm anyway.

The subs cannot be wired to 2 ohms each then bridged to 1 ohm at the amp. Doesn't make sense to me.

Now you could wire each sub to 2 ohms and have a sub hooked up to two speaker inputs on the amp that is internally bridged, but the amp will still see a final load of 4 ohms.

Someone help me out here!!!

And I thought you told them to build you a ported box? Sounds like a great installer, I'm sure you paid for a ported box.

Assassins, as stated by the sub designer and manufacture says that these subs work in small ported enclosures.

well here is how i see it... its the install.

first off if it sounds like ass it could be because each sub is pounding differently, like backwards. try just hooking up one sub to see if it hits hard at all.

if one sub hits hard and both do not their is definitly a problem with the install.

I know nothing of wiring. I paid for a box, they said ported wouldnt fit..I got sealed.

Are you saying just disconnect power to one sub, see if the other hits hard..if it does...whats wrong?

If they arent seeing the right amount of power, tell me how it should be done....if they say they tried that, I do what? Call them idiots?

Edited by ACE2790

if you do not get any bass at all out of one subwoofer i would say that you got screwed and i would go back and bitch and complain untill they change the install around for you. go back and ask why you did not get a ported box, you asked for a ported box, WHERE THE chit IS MY PORTED BOX. thats about what i would do but since i build all my own enclosures i get pissed off at myself and try it again. you should really try making your own boxes, its good fun and is real easy to learn. you pay less, you save, and you pay less, what more could you ask for.

Yah, theres something coming out. Its at full gain and I really cant tell when I have my headunit cranked. Its very quiet, no thump or nothing really. Just a vibration really.

Im a college kid livin on my own mang, I had the money from my summer job and thought it'd be a lot less of a headache to let a pro do it. One less worry on me...I normally do my own chit but this wasnt something i thought i needed my hand in.

Edited by ACE2790

1) subs are in wrong enclosure alignment - should be ported

2) subs are probably wired correctly for amp being used. - which is 4 ohms

3) at 4 ohms that memphis amp puts out 250 watts total - 125 watts to each sub

4) if you disconnect one sub the other will recieve 500 watts at 2 ohms if wire up correctly - I don't suggest you do this because of the lack of experience I sense here. Plus if enclosure is shared chamber that single sub will see 500 watts in 1.7'ish cubes. Not good if you don't know what you are doing.

Yah, theres something coming out. Its at full gain and I really cant tell when I have my headunit cranked. Its very quiet, no thump or nothing really. Just a vibration really.

Please don't mess with the gain settings, if you didn't and the installer set it up this way shame on him/them and you should go back there and get an explination.

The install is jacked!!!!

since this is a forum and its not possible for us to come out and personally hear your system you should ask around here and see if there is someone close to you who possibly has the time to help you out. im sure someone thats willing to do so, if you post up your local, will come out and help you out.

well at full gain and cranked on the HU and all you get is a vibration instead of sound ummm ya there is a problem. I thought you just had diminished sound. Either way 4ohms with that amp should be pushing decent sound out. I hope the amp isnt wired into 1 ohms because its possible that the amp isnt going into protect and its just acting wierd. I would suggest taking out the subs and see just how they have them wired.

Im from Cookeville, TN.

Im going back to the shop tomorrow, try and sort this all out. I ended up paying 650bucks for the box, install, amp, and all other stuff to get it up and running. I only supplied the subs,

Can someone give me the exact explanation of how it should be wired, I wish scott would chime in. I have a feeling that the installers wont wanna back me up and AA will insist its not there subs.

I mentioned in the first page that the they have the subs wired at 2ohms each then bridged to 1ohm into the amp. I need hardcore factual info cause i'll walk back in they'll say they cant do anything..I cant prove them different cuz im an idiot at this stuff.

This is why I look everything up on the web, from trusted sites, and do it myself. Shops lie. Especially when you bring in components that you didn't buy from them. If these were new from AA, they worked when they left them. Either they messed up and don't want to fix it and sell you something in their shop or they did it on purpose just to get you to buy something from their shop. I wish you the best of luck. You can find wiring diagrams all over the place. Please inform yourself before you go back.

Sign in to follow this