Sign in to follow this  
wattsgoinon

btl cone

if i do get the btls isnt the cone just a cheap paper one or can you upgrade them too and what about the dust cap they dont really mention much about either

"Upgrade" them?

What's wrong with a pressed paper cone, a lot of very expensive drivers use them, not sure what's cheap about them...

You could always go with aluminum, that worked out real well for TC Sounds :lol:

well im not sayin anything is wrong with them but i meen whats the added benefits of a paper cone although the most expensive (which i know of none) use them i know all of the cheap ones use them

what? Perhaps you should focus on what makes a difference and not useless information tidbits surrounding the driver. The paper cone will be fine.

Guess he has never seen the vid of a fully loaded BTL takin around 10k watts and not crapping out or the paper cone ripping and other videos of subs like RF's T2 and other "expensive" subs' thick rubber cones just ripping with to much power.

Edited by truckaudioman

Guess he has never seen the vid of a fully loaded BTL takin around 10k watts and not crapping out or the paper cone ripping and other videos of subs like RE's SX and other "expensive" subs' thick rubber cones just ripping with to much power.

I believe the sx has a paper cone. you proved your point really well there:laugh:

Guess he has never seen the vid of a fully loaded BTL takin around 10k watts and not crapping out or the paper cone ripping and other videos of subs like RE's SX and other "expensive" subs' thick rubber cones just ripping with to much power.

Ummm wtf rubber?

Some of my favorite subs out there have metal cones, but they need to be properly designed...

Cone material for subwoofers is about the last thing I'd be worried about.

I wouldnt worry bout FI's paper cones. But I would worry bout other companys paper cones :cough: Dduh :cough:

Peoples breaking them with 2500rms in a ported street box. LAWL

Edited by ford302redneck

Sign in to follow this