damonhargroves07

spl world record

Team Edge Audio did a 180.5 Usaci WR, but they only did a 179.7 in dBDrag.

Alan Dante just did 180.5 at a 2x dBDrag, not sure if its a record - but he'll do it again or more at finals. Btw, that's with one woofer.

Edited by Tommythecat

Team Edge Audio did a 180.5 Usaci WR, but they only did a 179.7 in dBDrag.

Alan Dante just did 180.5 at a 2x dBDrag, not sure if its a record - but he'll do it again or more at finals. Btw, that's with one woofer.

9918z + how many starsound amps ?

4 stetsom 7kd's

all those fancy names got me confused :lol:

any pics of the "car" ?

lol doesn't need a huge phat surround to get high spl, doesn't even really need a whole hell of alot of excursion either.

oh i'm certain your's would drop lower, his isn't to be musical. i'm going to guess he burps around 75-78 hz.

damn thats high! i suppose the higher you burp in frequency the more power you need to achieve spl at those frequency levels?

Actually its the exact opposite. The lower the freq, the harder it is to be loud at that freq. Thats why spl guys burp at high freq's. If somebody could hit like a 160db at 30hz, that would just be ridiculous, and probably almost impossible.

damn thats high! i suppose the higher you burp in frequency the more power you need to achieve spl at those frequency levels?

Actually its the exact opposite. The lower the freq, the harder it is to be loud at that freq. Thats why spl guys burp at high freq's. If somebody could hit like a 160db at 30hz, that would just be ridiculous, and probably almost impossible.

Alan's set up is definitely not made to be musical....Pure SPL. The mythbusters guys did 160 at 16Hz with that huge homemade woofer. I know its not the same. Just thought I would throw it out there though. B)

My friend with 4 12W7 in his bed pointing toward the cab running off 2 1000/1 hit 145.3 at 25Hr in a recent car show.

thats pretty kool! i hit a 148.5 at import faceoff in montgomery alabama last year with 1 18" q powered by a t10001bd at 32 hz i thought that was pretty kool for a box i built in less than an hour and didnt carpet. it was ugly as hell but SMASHED the lows

"The lows" to me don't start until you're below 20Hz :)

:) i did 140 with a single 12 at 30 hz.

do you know of any TL's in the Phoenix area?