Sign in to follow this  
Porchpup

Major Noise Issue

I'm installing my AudioControl DQXS and setting up my active system. As a total newbie to this active stuff, I'm crossing one huddle at a time.

The first thing is a major, and I mean major noise issue. So bad that it sounds like a test tone being played when the system is at 0 volume.

With the vehicle running or not, it only changes in tone. I finished up late tonight and have not been able to do much troubleshooting.

I did play with the internal (jumper) ground settings on the DQXS without any success. I was in a bit of rush when I wired it so here's what I did.

I daisy chained the power to the DQXS off one of the amps. A 4 gauge wire from the battery to the amp to the DQXS. Maybe a that a bad thing?

It only needs a small power source and has an inline 2 amp fuse installed. The ground wire is grounded to the same point as both the amps.

Before now I had no noise issues so it has to be something I did. Power? Ground? RCA's? Any other ideas?

if you had no noise before the new control was installed try to take it out and see if the nois goes away? if the nois goes away you have already narrowed down the problem to it being what you just installed.

i would see if another main power wire and a different ground clear up the problem first.

where does the majority of the nois come from? are you running a sub stage and can you hear it through there?

or are you just running mids/highs and the noise is coming through there?

Have you checked your grounds with a DMM and tried different RCA's?

Found it...It was the ground to the DQXS. Grounded but apparently not good enough.

Got that fixed and then devolved a bad ass popping, crackling noise.

I guess it was trying to ground thru the RCA cable and must have fried it.

New RCA and all is good now. What a picky SOB. Thanks guys for your help.