Sign in to follow this  
pimpedout97x

omg the mini is getting a wall?!?!?!?!

dude jsut cuase people in your area dont do it, and its like "new" to you, doesnt mean it is here. so many ppl do it, i like it so what does that matter? this thread is about a wall.

So if you like to eat dog shit I should just let you do it? Just because people near you do it and you like it doesn't mean it is the right solution or that it shouldn't be questioned. In this case the thread is about a wall in a car that really shouldn't have one.

the guy that suggested the wall has a van with a sealed diamond, 9 kx1200.1s, 16 12" ssd's, and a few kicker comp sets. its a VERY clean setup..i doubt hes the type "leading me down the wrong path"

And what about that van is common with the mini? Even if it is clean, and it was, it doesn't mean it will work well in your car.

plus, i wanna be the first walled mini. i dont think there is another mini with a wall, let alone an 18. and if there is, im still gonna do it. weight isnt really that much more than if i had went thru with a normal box and the 12" mt. i still would have the mt motor, the same batt, the same 4 amps, just a little less Birch. but, with the wall, im taking the back seats out, which is 36lbs, so that makes up for SOME of the extra wood. all in all, its not going to be THAT much more weight either way....and the wall will be a chit ton louder and not kill my back hatch, which is already loose from the bass rattling the chit out of it....this way, i still have my trunk, and since owning the car, ive had a person in the back maybe 4 times...its too hard and small to have ppl back there.

i know you guys dont like me or this idea :) but can someone help me thats knowledgable in Google Sketchup?

again, i know no one will agree with where my mids/tweets are, but i like it, thats all that should matter.

ok i need to make a 22.5 degree angle off of a vertical piece of 3/4" birch...its going to be like this (side view):

i already sat in my car and figured how much i wanted teh mids angled down, and 45 degree was too slatned, so half of that looked better, so 22.5

box1-1.jpg

I really don't care if you wall it off or not, it's just a question of whether or not the compromises you chose are going to make it either unsafe or quiet. And your first response to that came off as pretty arrogant, I don't know if that's what you intended but that's how its received on here.

For example, do you have a way to build trim panels that work and still are removeable?

yes its hard to explain, but it will touch or be VERY close to the stock trim panels, but im not gluing/screwing to the stock trim, since whenever i decide to take it out, or sell the car, or whatever it may be, i want to be able to return it to stock. similar to how meade is doing on chickens escalde, i dont think his "beaty panels" on the wall to cover up the gap are glued/screwed to the stock trim.

Never about liking someone. You amuse me completely so I won't ask that you stop posting, in fact the contrary as it puts a big smile on my face. I do find it funny that you like what you like but won't listen to anyone who actually knows what they are doing. Sort of makes your build cosmetic only, but if that is truly the goal there are better ways to do that as well.

It really shouldn't be hard to explain. You have a wall that needs to be sealed, you will need a seal that can withstand the pressure you want to throw at it. So either you have thought of a good way or haven't.

sketchup = 99% useless for building a wall.

you just BUILD IT, if you want the 6.5's at a 22.5 degree angle, then that's the angle you cut. unless you're talking about a 22.5 degree angle from some other plane than the front of the box.

also..here's a little exercise, how many other people that are doing these breakthrough installs (like being the 'first' to wall a mini, or putting 18 tweets somewhere they don't belong) are on here asking for help?

you learn to crawl, then you walk, and once you decide to run you'll already know how.

i dont think someone who doesnt even know how to calculate a port in a box should be walling..

how is it practical unless you're a serious competitor? especially with a MT for daily? wheres the sense in that either? besides, the cabin gain in that car is going to be ridiculous to begin with, a single decent 10 would be more than enough for daily listening.

I'd take it a step further and state that I don't think anyone should ever wall anything. Personal opinion but I don't see the purpose at all.

Personal opinion but I don't see the purpose at all.

For a purpose-built show car, I don't see an issue. Plenty of impractical, illogical things are done to competition vehicles, some of them turn out good, some not so good...

But for something that's driven on public roads every day, I think it's an insanely dumb idea...

i dont think someone who doesnt even know how to calculate a port in a box should be walling..

how is it practical unless you're a serious competitor? especially with a MT for daily? wheres the sense in that either? besides, the cabin gain in that car is going to be ridiculous to begin with, a single decent 10 would be more than enough for daily listening.

isnt that why alot of forums have box designers on there, that will design someone a box, since they dont know how? its alot easier to assemble a box, then design. not all are knowledgable in that field bro

and a single 10 wouldnt be more than enough for me, enough is different to each person.

i can design a box in about 10min(so long as it isn't a tiny ported enclosure, those take about 30min) and have a CAD drawing of it....definitely takes longer than that to build it.

you must have not understood me.

theres people that can build a box using certain dimensions, not all of us know how to design ports/tuning/etc

anyways

flame if you must, seems like yall like doing so, but ill update this thread either way.

got the 2 kicker kx1200.1's today

i painted the grilles and kicker emblems black, completely. pics make it look bad, especially with the flash...the flash makes it look like primer, but its just flat black...looks good in real life IMO.

it will go with my exterior "all black" theme (my rims should be done powder coating soon)

horrible flash

DSCF1925.jpg

DSCF1927.jpg

there is a difference between flaming and trying to get you to see the light.

i haven't seen any real flaming considering what you're doing and the possibilities for flames that you've provided.

I say its going to be a badass system

And so what if he wants to build it where he can just take it out when hes done with it? I got a 2006 Expedition with 4 BTL 18s in a ported clamshell wall at the B pillar, and 10 Kinetik HC2400s. Daily driver. I took it out and guess what, the car is back to completely stock. No one will ever know it was in there. Its definately possible, you just gotta think a step ahead and when you build, get it as strong as you think it needs to be, then make it twice as strong.

I say its going to be a badass system

And so what if he wants to build it where he can just take it out when hes done with it? I got a 2006 Expedition with 4 BTL 18s in a ported clamshell wall at the B pillar, and 10 Kinetik HC2400s. Daily driver. I took it out and guess what, the car is back to completely stock. No one will ever know it was in there. Its definately possible, you just gotta think a step ahead and when you build, get it as strong as you think it needs to be, then make it twice as strong.

post pics...i'm curious.

no offense but anyone who puts 5% on their windshield isn't too bright in the first place. but hey if you want to wall your mini go for it. just make sure that we don't hear about you killing yourself or someone else with it

Edited by bvapor2004

you know all you internet faggots know how to do is talk chit becuase its online, half the chit you say online id like to see you say it to someones face in real life at a show, and see what happens.

get a life bro