Sign in to follow this  
pimpedout97x

omg the mini is getting a wall?!?!?!?!

i promise, this is the final plan. i was talking with Little Jon (white van, 16 12" ssd's) and hes like just wall it, and that gave me some ideas, so i just got home, measured in the back, and this is what i came up with. of course im not sure on the port yet, or what subs, deff not gonna be like the truck though. its going to be built outside the car, and slide right in and bolt to the floor. it will be completely removeable, and the seats will be able to be put right back in, if i ever decide to take the wall out. all the side trim, etc is staying in, and nothing is getting screwd thru it, or cut, or anything like that to mess it up. it will be right up to the front seats.

amps will still be 2 of Jons kx1200.1's, and if you figure i WAS gonna do the 12" mt, which is like 60lbs i believe, so the new sub/sub i dont want to exceed that weight, maybe by a tad, but not much.

i just did the sketch up, i dont know how to design ports or anything, so this is the size the box will be, and i just gotta decide on subs from here on out.

will be 3/4" birch all around, and double 3/4" on the front.

miniwall2.png

miniwall1.png

removable wall. wow.

what subs are you going to go with ?

i didnt mean it like that when i said removable....

i meant like when the day comes that i take it out, its not going to look as if there was a wall in there. ill be able to put the seats back in, and itll look 100% stock. all the sides will have trim panels and the back cabin will be sealed off from the front, as a wall is supposed to be....im not just putting a big box in there, if thats what you thought. lol

anyways, subs...

i have my mt motor at the house, i could recone to an 18", and have the 2 1200.1s strapped on it for a good 2400w rms

or maybe 4 12" type r's, maybe 600ish watts each from the 2 amps

or 2 15's, not sure which though.

or 6 10s, not sure which either.

the mt will cost maybe 100-120 to get reconed (including the actual cone)

ok, i got the removability idea.

but onto the weight. you mentioned something about it. if you really care about it why not go with a more potent 10 or 12 sub and use the same power (2.4kw) ? and not wall it ?

but onto the weight. you mentioned something about it. if you really care about it why not go with a more potent 10 or 12 sub and use the same power (2.4kw) ? and not wall it ?

X2, I know that the MINI doesnt have a lot of space, but I dont see the point in install a wall unless your going with some serious audio back there. Why not a pair of really good 10s or 12s? Maybe another MT 12 to go with what you got?

I feel what you want to do, but me personally, its a nice car but I would not do a wall in it. I got a 04 Crown Victoria with about 11 cubic feet of free trunk space in the center, but the only way I would do a wall in my car is if I was going to do 4 15s or 8 12s sealed or ported, just something crazy loud for a weekend/daily car.

X2, I know that the MINI doesnt have a lot of space, but I dont see the point in install a wall unless your going with some serious audio back there. Why not a pair of really good 10s or 12s? Maybe another MT 12 to go with what you got?

I feel what you want to do, but me personally, its a nice car but I would not do a wall in it. I got a 04 Crown Victoria with about 11 cubic feet of free trunk space in the center, but the only way I would do a wall in my car is if I was going to do 4 15s or 8 12s sealed or ported, just something crazy loud for a weekend/daily car.

if im going to run 2 mt 12's (60lbs each) might as well run 1 18mt in a wall. first off, the seats are 36lbs, so that takes 36 away, making up for some of the extra wood for the wall. plus i cant fit more than one sub in the back trunk with how i want to mount the amps.

im not doing the wall becuase i have to, im doing it cuase i like walls, so might as well do it :)

also, you said your trunk is 11 cu ft.

mine is about 3.

Cool Idea, but I have to agree with the other members when they say go with more multiple subs if you're gonna do a wall at all. even 2 18's would be pretty cool. The only thing I'm a little sketchy about with this idea is how's the car going to react to ALL the extra weight?? I drive a Yaris which is 'close' to the same size (a guy I work with owns a Cooper S and I compared) and I have about 100 extra pounds of sub and box in the back and you can notice it in the performance and stance....and that's only with 100 extra pounds. I could only imagine what a wall+subs+amps+extra electrical (batteries and such) would do in a vehicle that size. Anyways GL with it all!!!

Edited by plushDJ

Cool Idea, but I have to agree with the other members when they say go with more multiple subs if you're gonna do a wall at all. even 2 18's would be pretty cool. The only thing I'm a little sketchy about with this idea is how's the car going to react to ALL the extra weight?? I drive a Yaris which is 'close' to the same size (a guy I work with owns a Cooper S and I compared) and I have about 100 extra pounds of sub and box in the back and you can notice it in the performance and stance....and that's only with 100 extra pounds. I could only imagine what a wall+subs+amps+extra electrical (batteries and such) would do in a vehicle that size. Anyways GL with it all!!!

i had 5 MT motors in the trunk at one time, and i didnt really notice a big difference. and thats a good 55lbs each motor give or take a few. at least 250lbs, and i think i had 4 batteries in there too...

boo

k

hey, if i dont like the 1 18" mt, i can always take the baffle/port off, and re build a new one. the sides/bottom/top would stay the same either way, so i could just make a new baffle.

So how are you preventing it from killing you again?

Someday natural selection will catchup with you.

ugh...same way any other wall is built? lol

Other walls use heavy lag bolts to secure the wall to the vehicle, in multiple places.

We're not telling you this because we're being arsehos. We're telling you this because if you place looks over safety, you stand an excellent chance at injuring yourself, or a passenger.

But don't listen. I just hope your parents can afford a wrongful death or personal injury lawsuit when it happens...

correct me if im wrong, and i too, am not trying to be an arseho, but where did i say i wasent going to bolt it down? i said im building outside the car, and its going to be removeable IF I EVER WANT TO GO BACK TO STOCK, not removeable as in this week ill have it in, next ill take it out.

just becuase i didnt mention that IF i remove it id have to unbolt it, doesnt mean that i wasent going to use bolts....

do you honestly think id put a box right behind my head with a 65+lb sub in it, and expect it to stay there? i mean, honestly ....

/rant

do you honestly think id put a box right behind my head with a 65+lb sub in it, and expect it to stay there? i mean, honestly ....

Actually, yeah, I do.

It's not like any of your previous threads have convinced me otherwise.

I have to say you also seem to keep getting advice from very questionable sources so of course we have to assume & expect the worst.

walling a mini... which is supposed to be a nimble car, is silly. Along the same lines as trying to put pro audio drivers in there, which have terrible near field response.

Wall the explorer if you must.

But, I have yet to see one of your project ideas get finished, soooooo.....

m5, what advice are you talking about? using the drivers i do? i choose those. using a certain driver is completely different from what theyre talking about (securing the wall in the car)

but im not gonna argue with yall, ill post pics tmoorow when i start leveling the floor where the back seats were and find mounting points.

neon, i have most of the stuff i need for both the Mini cooper system and the explorer, which will also get a wall, but its hard to get things done when i work 40 hrs a week, plus school plus HW and studying, then working on cars...if all goes good, in a year hopefully ill be getting hired on the fire dept, and ill have a ton of time to get this done.

but its hard to get things done when i work 40 hrs a week, plus school plus HW and studying, then working on cars....

I work 40 hours a week, attend school full time, study, do homework, I'm on an audio team. I also go see my girlfriend who lives 5 hours away about once a month, and I still find time to start my own audio business and deal with sales reps and customers....

what makes the difference...I'm not married, I have no kids :P

Advice, direction, whatever. I am referring to what you pick up on versus what you don't. You grab useless information and ignore the info that would be useful. You come up with ideas that have somehow been planted in your head and then misapply them. To me it seems most of the people you discuss audio with are leading you down a really bad path. Even in this thread, you made the comment "he said just wall it" or something along those lines. At that point you should have stepped back and realized perhaps who you were speaking with might not really know what is best for you. And of course, your driver selection is absurd but there seems to be a large group of people in your area doing it. Somewhere along the line you are getting "insight" from someone. Hell I remember when I proposed the pro audio drivers in the first place and you weren't really sure what they were, even still by no means was I saying to use eminence, selenium, bullets, or long throw tweets in any installation it was only a comment on getting loud. You heard the loud part and ignored the rest and then went off to installation hell and ignored every logical audio rule in the book.

dude jsut cuase people in your area dont do it, and its like "new" to you, doesnt mean it is here. so many ppl do it, i like it so what does that matter? this thread is about a wall.

the guy that suggested the wall has a van with a sealed diamond, 9 kx1200.1s, 16 12" ssd's, and a few kicker comp sets. its a VERY clean setup..i doubt hes the type "leading me down the wrong path"

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m282/jr...15/DSC00011.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m282/jr...slamfest021.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m282/jr.../Picture902.jpg