Sign in to follow this  
SundownAudioNY

New Home Audio Project

Well i have a Dayton HPSA1000 plate amp that been sitting here for some time now and its time to put it to use. Well my next is looking for a driver or drivers. I have tons of air space so this is not a porblem. Due to most of my money going to a different build im going to have to limit my budget for driver or drivers to 300 shipped. With the lack of budget i been considering a single 18 set up (Mach 5 IXL 18.4, FI SSD, etc). Any suggestions, im not limited to anything as long as it fits my needs?

Corey

Edited by SundownAudioNY

i'm not 100% positive, but i think it's "project"

Not sure what you are asking Corey. What did you have in mind for this thing? Can you go with a nice big enclosure? What are your limitations besides cost?

Yea sorry, guess i wasnt specific (sp) enough. Basicly atm im looking for a good driver(s) that will handle 1000rms and give me a 4 ohm load. Its only going to be use for music, not h/t. I have no real restriction on air space, so basicly the enclosure can be as big as it needs to be. Just would prefer to keep it around 250-300 shipped.

Corey

Edited by SundownAudioNY

No offense, but these days he can get something of the same caliper or better for cheaper.

No offense taken. But I sure don't know what he can buy for that price that will sound as good.

No offense, but these days he can get something of the same caliper or better for cheaper.

Well, I most certainly won't plug my own here, so you should head over to Acoustic Elegance. Seems John is back up and running and might have some decent deals available. You mentioned Fi, sure thing, another good alternative.

If you're into XBL2 technology, head over to Creative Sound Solutions and check out the drivers Bob has for sale right now...

Well, I most certainly won't plug my own here, so you should head over to Acoustic Elegance. Seems John is back up and running and might have some decent deals available. You mentioned Fi, sure thing, another good alternative.

If you're into XBL2 technology, head over to Creative Sound Solutions and check out the drivers Bob has for sale right now...

Yes, the CSS SDX15 would be a good driver for your application. I'm sure Mach5audio has something to offer as well such as an IXL-18.4 :)

Just placed an order thro the store, should have a driver or two here this week :) Ill make a build if anyone is intrested.

Corey

Does that mean IXL's, or MJ's?

Or did you start whiling out and get an SDX15? :)

Have you considered doing them IB? I ran 4 Tempests IB a few years back and it was by far the most "musical" sub set up I've ever heard/had. Lacked a little for HT as I like a LOT of output at times, but they also were in a null spot in the room as that was the only place I could place. them.

I believe the MJ's are suited for IB, so maybe Mark will chime in to confirm...

Just placed an order thro the store, should have a driver or two here this week :) Ill make a build if anyone is intrested.

Corey

Did you order the SDx 15?

If you go to AVS forum at all craigsub rated a dual sealed SDX 15 enclosure as second only to one ... It's on my list in fact for my HT.

I would love to see it done in an LLT!!

Sorry to say that the acronym 'LLT' is only an Internet term. It doesn't exist outside the virtual world.

Just an fyi... ;)

Sorry to say that the acronym 'LLT' is only an Internet term. It doesn't exist outside the virtual world.

Just an fyi... ;)

But LLT is not bass-reflex!!!!!!!!!

;)

Just an fyi... ;)

Yeah I know. It's like FTW... But it still means something.

Large boxes that are low tuned have a much different sound than just a low tuned smaller box.

I'm no box designer and don't claim to be. I was just using an acronym is all, again I'm no guru just got excited abotu them subs. I wanted a pair for my HT since I have first heard about them.