Wall_Breaker

Need help making list

I am making a list of everything I need for my system and I need help.

I plan on getting a Fi BL 18 loaded with a Sundown 1500 watt amp with a 10 cubic foot box tuned at 30hz. I want to use one of Sundown multi channel amps for the mids and highs probably the 100.4. I am gonna get a new starter battery and a battery for the trunk, isolate the battery in the trunk and get a larger alternator. Run all power and grounds 0 gauge.

These are the things I am not sure of yet, what head unit to get, what mids and highs to get, what crossover to get, what brand of batteries to get, what size of alternator, and what type of equalizer. I can't think of anything else at the moment.

I am looking to get highs and mids that can handle that amp and drivers that will fit the factory opening without much modding, I already have tweeters on an A-pillar location (the stock location), the drivers in the door are 5 1/4 or 5 1/2, not for sure. Also I would like the drivers to be able to be crystal clear and so I can hear them over the sub, nothing worse than all thump and no words.

Now I don't really know for sure If I will need the alternator or not my stock alternator is 110 amps so if I get the second battery and Isolate it will it be enough?

now with the mids and highs amp will I be able to fit it under the front seat or something? This would save a lot of headache of just running speaker wire, I have power seats, heated seats, all that stuff so I fear I would not be able to fit an amp under a seat with all of that.

Also more on electrical when I go to run my big 3 how much trouble will it be that my battery is under my back seat? I know it will lower the amount of power wire to run to the trunk by a lot but running the big 3 might suck big time.

I hear this all of the time too the reply is always "What is your budget?" so I will answer you question and say I will save up as long as I have too I know its not gonna be cheap for everything already just looking at sub, amps, wiring, head unit, and everything else, so tell me if $500 isn't enough for mids and highs, just drivers. Nothing wrong with spending less money but I don't want to sacrifice quality for put a couple hundred in my pocket either.

So thank you for reading my post and hopefully I can get some answers, I also have to tell you that I would be thankful if I can find some good sites to buy some stuff off of for good prices because I only have two car audio stores in my area and they all carry crappy brands and triple the prices so I refuse to go inside these places.

the big questions we'll need answered are...what vehicle is this all going in?

what is your goal? you want loud that doesn't sound like crap?

and i know you kind of answered this, but give us an overall idea of a budget, about $1k? $20k? :-)

I would also go ahead and factor in sound deadening, that will run up the bill quickly.

And at the same time since you are willing to save up, are you willing to put the installation time in? Primarily I am bothered by the 5.5" drivers up front and would like to see you step up to at least 6.5" drivers. Can this fabwork be done by you? If not, do you have a budget to make it possible?

x2 on the 6.5's up front. Find a way to fab them in as the effort will be worth it.

You only need to isolate the rear batt if you'll be playing with the car off for long periods and don't want to kill the starting batt, otherwise isolator isn't needed.

I've had good luck with SVR & Deka for batteries, but also look into Optima, Kinetik, & a few others I can't think of at the moment.

1500D is an excellent amp, good choice. The 100.4 is pretty big, so hard to say if it'll fit under the seat. You'd have to look at the specs and measure under your seat. I run an amp under both front seats, so no problem in doing that.

I've only heard a few sets of comps, so can't really recommend anything there. Just do some searching/reading and if possible try to demo stuff locally, even if you plan on purchasing online. Better to let your ears decide what they like

Sites I've had very good experiences with: millionbuy, SSA, sonicelectronix...

Well I really don't know how to fabricate the inside of the door to fit a 6.5" but I have heard multiple times that this would be a lot better. Well with sound deadening is $5k enough for everything? I think it should be, I have been looking into Raamat. If that much is not needed then tell me I would like to spend anywhere from 3500 to 4500 but if 5000 is needed then I will save up for it. And of course I am willing to put the instillation time into it, I really don't want to half ass anything, I want the best sounding and loudest thing around. Of course it won't be hard, a friend of mine has the loudest around my area and I doubt he is hitting 135, also his SQ isn't all that great. I want good sound, something where it definitely won't sound like crap when I want to crank this monster of a sub up. Also this is a 2000 Buick Lesabre Limited, huge trunk space will be a good resting place for my sub.

Edited by Wall_Breaker

I have one question for you guys, do you think that a Sundown 3000D would blow the BL fully loaded? I would really like this amp, I know I would have to do a little more electrical but it would be worth it.

I have one question for you guys, do you think that a Sundown 3000D would blow the BL fully loaded? I would really like this amp, I know I would have to do a little more electrical but it would be worth it.

I don't think the BL would like 3k.. I've seen idiots blow BTL's on 3k.. 2 BL's would like 3k though. :)

Well what if I decided to spend the extra to buy the BTL fully loaded, this might be an option at the moment, I know it could handle the 3k but if I have the BTL im gonna hunger for more power sooner or later.

So if I do decide to do this what would I have to do with electrical in you opinion, would a 200 250 amp alternator and 2 batteries work? Or do you think I really don't need that much?

I am still going through hell trying the right comp set to go with my 100.4 Sundown, I would like to get 6.5's.

I found a Head Unit that seems to have all I want. Tell me what you think of it.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=18335

Edited by Wall_Breaker

The BTL will love the power.. I'd go that route if you're looking to only run one sub..

I'd do the 250 amp alt, depending on where you get THE alt, they seem to do more @ idle than 300 amp alts..

& also, very nice head unit.. could get better.. but that will work great for your application.

Well what if I decided to spend the extra to buy the BTL fully loaded, this might be an option at the moment, I know it could handle the 3k but if I have the BTL im gonna hunger for more power sooner or later.

So if I do decide to do this what would I have to do with electrical in you opinion, would a 200 250 amp alternator and 2 batteries work? Or do you think I really don't need that much?

I am still going through hell trying the right comp set to go with my 100.4 Sundown, I would like to get 6.5's.

I found a Head Unit that seems to have all I want. Tell me what you think of it.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=18335

I would recommend that if you are going with a 3000D, you look at minimum a 200 amp alt and a strong starting and back battery. If you are going with a 1500D, usually the Big 3 is enough assuming you dont have a crappy stock alternator.

Well I was already thinking about doing alternator and battery for 1500 so my estimate isn't far off. Ok then I have a stock 110 amp alternator. So if I buy a 200 amp alternator then what kind of batteries are good, deep cycle are good for the amps is what I heard but what about a starter battery. And also should I upgrade my starter battery if I plan on isolating the battery in the trunk?

Well I've been looking at Optima batteries but I have no idea what kind of alternator to get, should I just go get mind rewound or buy a new HO? Also I should only have to buy like a 750 CCA battery for the starter but Im thinking about getting the yellow top 900 CCA battery for the amps.