Sign in to follow this  
bvapor2004

Installed my FI Q and SAE-1000D

what is your definition of quiet as hell? what are your settings on your amp/crossover and what is the box design like? power feeding the amp? what size wire. etc. give us a rundown of your system and we will be more than happy to help bud!

ahhh thanks for the input played around with the subsonic and it was up at 60hz so set it lower. by quiet i mean like my friends pioneer sub with 150 watts is louder haha

Edited by bvapor2004

Even still it sounds to me like reviewing all of your settings would be logical. Can you outline all of the settings you currently have?

4 guage wiring, gain 3/4, lpf about 90 hz, subsonic is almost all the way down, no bass boost. it still isnt too loud though. i mean when i go into my friends car with a w7 and a jl 1000.1 i can feel the bass. in my car i cant start to feel it until i reach about 40 volume. Pioneer deh-5800 hedunit if that helps.

so i assume youre running it free-air :wacko: .................. It would help out tramendously if you told us what kind of box it is in and its volume.

Edited by Vasilios

I don't find that feasible.

I think it's the user, not the equipment.

1.30 cu ft. sealed before displacement. i know its not the equipment. thats why i'm trying to figure out whats going on

Edited by bvapor2004

not sure. gonna try to get around to the big 3 this weekend. its a 120a stock alt. also gonna build a new box this weekend just got the wood cut tonight. Could it be the box affecting it if there are screw holes poking through the back of the mdf from the previous amp that was mounted on the back? basically im trying to say that it technically isnt sealed if there are little screw holes in the back that are letting air in/out.

well first thing i'd look at after knowing its sealed is the box..

go ported! lol unless your really trying to retain all SQ possible but thats not what it sounds like to me?

my guess is your buddies w7 is ported? \

go ported! lol unless your really trying to retain all SQ possible but thats not what it sounds like to me?

x2 man!

go ported, asap!

i'm gonna try a new sealed box. do the big 3, then see where i'm at and if it isn't loud enough then i'm gonna have to go ported. also i'll have to turn my lpf down a little

i'm gonna try a new sealed box. do the big 3, then see where i'm at and if it isn't loud enough then i'm gonna have to go ported. also i'll have to turn my lpf down a little

Why waste the wood?

Just try ported first, you'll love it.

I can throw together a design if you're interested..

well i already cut the wood tonight. besides mdf is cheap. I'll probably end up with ported anyways, but i'd like to try a new sealed first other than the chitty prefab i have now.

well i already cut the wood tonight. besides mdf is cheap. I'll probably end up with ported anyways, but i'd like to try a new sealed first other than the chitty prefab i have now.

Let me know if you end up needing a design.. I can throw one together for ya. :werd_msword:

Do remember it is all in the install, the box design and the settings. 3/4 is not a valid gain setting, you really need to measure to insure you are doing what you expect. Are you sure you have the coils in parallel as well? I would check to make sure even possible that the terminals are marked wrong, never assume the other way. Before doing anything I would check to see if what you have is right as it surely doesn't sound so.