Sign in to follow this  
jprix82

Custom built Q?

Why not buy a BL?

Because i want to keep the same flat response and the same ability to get as low

why do you care about a flat response when the subwoofer's output will be no where near on the same level as the entire rest of the frequency range anyway?

Bingo.

If you're concerned with a flat response, you don't need an extra kilowatt of power handling, if anything it'll be detrimental.

I not talking about a true SQ setup that will PWN the RTA, im talking about a system where 40hz wont be alot louder than 30hz and so forth...

Ive read Scott's and Nick's posts saying that the BL wont have the same flat response as the Q.

I not talking about a true SQ setup that will PWN the RTA, im talking about a system where 40hz wont be alot louder than 30hz and so forth...

Get the Q, it sounds like it's more to what you want to do.

Get the Q, it sounds like it's more to what you want to do.

Oh I already had 2 12" Q's and i loved them;but had to sell them due to finances.. :(

But I wanted to add more power to them to get them louder when i want them to wang & chug.

Thats why i wanted to know if a custom Q can be built to handle more power.

why not just add another driver?

why not just add another driver?

Not enough room for 3 12's ported tuned low... :(

But on a side note..I have been contemplating doing 3 15" Q's SEALED.... Maybe that will get louder then the 2 Q 12's and still have the flat response i need...

Edited by jprix82

No..because once you do that it'd be a BL..

Essentially all a BL is is a modified Q with a solid backplate/pole and a flatwire coil...little different suspension...

Not sure what to tell you or suggest, i don't understand what you are looking for...

Thanks

-Nick

BL's don't sound that bad either so u may want to look into different enclosure options which can help you achieve a flatter response with the BL's...

Ud be surprised how nice they sound and u have to remember sq isn't just a function of what your subs can do but your system overall. Front stage is just as important as your rear stage.

Not sure what to tell you or suggest, i don't understand what you are looking for...

Thanks

-Nick

Basically all im trying to do is keep the same flat response as the Q's but get louder..

Maybe im trying to have my cake and eat it to..?

Could you(Scott) build me a custom Q that will handle 1500-2000wRMS daily? Maybe a Q motor with a BTL coil? :unsure::puzzled:

LOL.

Rofl.

If you only knew son.

If your worried that teh BL wont go low, Buy one and itll prove you otherwise.

Sign in to follow this