Sign in to follow this  
bighitter

Wow I am impressed!

Well first off I have to say thanks to James and Jacob for the great work they have done and the products they have given me access to that I would not have been aware of...

Firstly, Here are some new toys...

sundown001xi3.th.jpg

sundown002ys2.th.jpg

Here are a few pics of the stuff roughly installed with no clean up of the wires. I will take better pictures once it clears up outside and I can getter better angles.

sundown004zl6.th.jpg

sundown005jr1.th.jpg

Showing how the box contours to the seat...

sundown006br5.th.jpg

Other side of the box with the 60% of the rear seat down...

sundown007ir1.th.jpg

Showing driver side of box and its contour like the seat.

sundown008zd9.th.jpg

Clearance under the seats...

sundown009bb2.th.jpg

Anyways on to initial thoughts....

Ohh My are these nice... Just had the 250.2 hooked up to the CDTs gained all the way down and noticed a much improved midrange and headroom. After finally running up to Lowes for some new quick connects I got everything fully hooked up and did a very quick gain adjustment.

The SD-1v2s are simply amazing, they are accurate and precise in a way that I haven't heard often outside of a real theater. They are also very capable subs that can put down some serious SPL for 10s. I really haven't tweaked anything yet so these are just initial thoughts and more will be posted once I have had a longer time to listen and tweak the setup.

Glad to hear your feedback! I should be @ the meet to hear it... LMK the address and all that good stuff.

Glad to hear your feedback! I should be @ the meet to hear it... LMK the address and all that good stuff.

SWEET! Very glad to hear this! You will have a good time and see alot of different applications of some of your equipment.

http://www.old-town.com/visit.html

It will start at 8am and go to about 5pm or so.

I belive he bought the proto

That is correct, it is the prototype thats why there is no model number on the amp. I might as well be the proto truck as I also have the SD-1v2 prototypes and they are amazing. So far very happy with the upgrade, now if it would stop pouring long enough for me to get out there and be able to properly setup/tune the system.

Looks great, wish I could hear it.

Well it wasn't a TL but my sencore SP395 should be a little bit more accurate, I was able to get 146.2 off the dash with a bass mechanic CD. I think the SD1v2's are ready for production.

Have to ask Jacob on that one as I am not sure. I do know that it is pushing my current CDTs very well and will soon be pushing a 3way CDT ES 06+ setup.

The 250.2 is being delayed for a while, unfortunately, I need to re-tool my heatsink to handle the thermal demands of using the 250.2 for subwoofer duty. I will be re-tooling the heatsink for the SAZ/SAX lines in 2008, hopefully first quarter sometime... so expect to see it early to mid 2008.

The 250.2 is being delayed for a while, unfortunately, I need to re-tool my heatsink to handle the thermal demands of using the 250.2 for subwoofer duty. I will be re-tooling the heatsink for the SAZ/SAX lines in 2008, hopefully first quarter sometime... so expect to see it early to mid 2008.

Im READY.

:D

Any chance they will have built in fan cooling?

Any chance they will have built in fan cooling?

No, they will not. The new heatsink will handle the heat without one. And while I'm talking about it... it will look almost identical to the heatsink now on the face so they will "match" the old amps, the changes will be mainly "under the hood" so to speak.

I am investigating adding switchable (so they can be turned off) fans at a later date to my amps, but not in the very near future.

Impressive!

Jacob,

No fans please!

I won't do it without a switch to turn them off, so no worries :)

Sign in to follow this