Sign in to follow this  
OldSchool

Magnum D2 frequency response

What is the frequency response of the D2? I was thinking about using the Koda 6 midbass which starts at 200Hz and wanted to know where the D2 topped out.

i may not have understood correctly but the kodas play much lower than that... your describing a strictly midrange speaker there, and the koda is far from it. i also wouldnt recommend tryin to play the D2 up to 200hz. not sure if it can or not, but that would make for very awkward listening.

Welcome to the Forum, first off. Agreed with Kappa as well. The 2 way Koda set will do midbass/midrange/high frequency duty in one package.

You're correct Kappa. I was recalling from memory and obviously it's shot. I just checked Adire's site and they list 40-5k so I'll be fine. Knowing that, what would be a good crossover frequency between the D2 and Koda 6 midbass (not the 2 way system w/tweeter)?

I've been lurking in this forum for a while and thought I'd finally post.

I usually start around 80 hz, then adjust from there to see what sounds best. I think with my current JL XR 6.5's and my ED 12K's i have them crossed over at about 75 or so. Really I think I like to play my mids as far down as I can without them breaking up, because I think midbass sounds better out of my mids than my subs.

My Koda's are running from 63 Hz on up to 200 for midbass duty and they are coasting. They handle what I've giving them without any problems what-so-ever. 50-65 Hz or higher highpass to the Koda's will do just fine.

The Kodas in my daily driver are running full range, no crossover on the bottom end at all, and they do just fine. Granted I'm only feeding them 65wpc though, so not alot of room to do much harm. In general I prefer my sub/midbass transition to be around 50 Hz and as high as 60 Hz, but not much higher than that (63 Hz as Nick has is about my limit). I dont like getting into the 70+ range but I try to design and tune my systems to have a good amount of midbass so that the sub doesn't have to run that high and help out.