Sign in to follow this  
soundmekanixdan

How lucky I am...

Was tired driving home from finals, and about an hour or so away from home....swerved to avoid something that ran across the road (deer?), and rolled the focus at least 3-4 times. The winshield shattered and caved in, front half of the roof crunched, windows shattered, amps and batts were thrown from the trunk, and i guess scattered a good 20-30 feet from the car. I probably wouldnt be writing this if i had not had the wall built in the car, acted like a wooden roll cage....you'll see what I mean when/if i post pics. The car is completely totaled, not sure on teh condition of the speakers. Not sure how, but i was able to get out of the car with just a couple bruises and a small cut under my eye. I cant beleive how lucky i was - air bag didnt deploy because i forgot to plug the sensor back in after putting my seat back in the car after finals, and my good friend mike just happened to drive by just after it happened. Needless to say it shook me up quite a bit and has me counting my blessings. Life is short and precious so dont take anything for granted.

And anyone else driving home from finals - be safe.

pics at this link...

http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/4/18251.html

I'm not posting this to get sympathy, but rather to say that life is precious and should never be taken for granted. I certainly have a different outlook on mnay things after what happened. Live everyday like its your last, you never know when something random like this could happen. I walked away from by God's will alone, had one or two things been different, I could have and probably would have been killed. Please, be safe out there.

Edited by soundmekanixdan

wow that sucks man I'm glad to hear you are ok! The second question is are the speakers insured like the car is? lol

Holy chit, glad you are okay. Please strap down the batteries better in the future, the last thing you need is a 50lb projectile in your car.

*side note, it is usually better to just hit the damn deer. :(

I'm not even sure that it was a deer, i remember seeing something then all of a sudden i'm rolling end over end, then rolling sideways....exactly what happened is still a little foggy

I've always had stereo insurance but usually it's not somthing that's offered... it's like a few bux a month and they pay you receipt value and maybe take off 10% depreciation. Best couple of bux you can spend!

Glad to hear you're okay and score one for a wall build!! You usually hear how dangerous a wall can be but this puts a twist on that....for the good

im glad ur ok after all that man and im glad for ur family im sure they would have been sad if something wouldve happend to u, now be safe ;)

Dan,

Heart sank when Shawn told me what had happened, but we are all glad that you are OK. Im glad for the gap insurance as well... hopefully they will take care of things quickly for you so you can get another vehicle. Sitting in the back when you were talking with Shawn there are just too many little things that did play in your favor given such bad circumstances. Hopefully it all resolves quickly and things can get back to normal.

I was in shock when Shawn told me as well, i'm just glad that you were ok man...that wall really saved you!

I just saw that car on Saturday, glad to know you're okay dude.

You must have been going pretty fast, that's a lot of weight to flip around.. what were you trying to avoid?!

I'm still in shock a little i guess - trying to figure out how i walked away from that as I look at the pictures. Like Scott said, there were a lot of weird things that happened that night that played in my favor.

Glad to hear you are okay man..

One of the first guys I met while I was at the Indy finals....

Very cool guy and glad to see you walked away from this..

Aww man that sucks but it's good you are ok. Was this on I-65? Do you think the heightened center of gravity from the subs had anything to do with the roll over? What did the police say when they saw your audio equipment?

Man that sucks I have been talking about your car ever since I sat in it at finals, I am just glad that you are ok and I hope to see you at some more comps. next season.

Andrew

I'm already making plans for the next build. Its going to involve an suv, hopefully 4 x 15in BTL's, and I hope either a Kicker 10,000 (when/if they come out), or 1 or 2 stetsom 7kw's. then again, I love 18's so I may just stick with the 2 x 18in BTL's....we'll see though, a l ot of things have to happen first with the insurance companies so i dont know.

glad to see ur ok!

me and Mkader17 were in a similar accident 2 christmas ago and i was in the back seat with no seat belt on in his dads F250-4x4, crew cab with a 6 inch lift on 35s.

needless to say we flipped into a ditch doin about 65 and totaled the truck and i did a flip inside the cab and ended up with my foot out the window in the mud. all of us walked away with a bruise or 2. we were so damn lucky!

Sign in to follow this