Sign in to follow this  
wrathdchild281

Voltage not high enough

Hey guys i have a 225 amp Excessive Amperage alt, 2 runs of 0 gauge and 4 yellowtops. My voltage never reaches higher than 13.6 and idle at like 13.4 with the music turned down. What could be my issue? also im running 6k rms and dom at iraggi said he can build me a bracket to run dual alts. I would throw my stock alt back in there maybe add one more yellow top and do one more run of wiring. Would this help me out alot? Or do you think if if fix my other issues i should be ok, thanks

IMG_4587.jpg

How is 13.4-13.6v bad on a 12v system?

What does your voltage drop to when you have the system going?

yellow tops are ok, but kinetiks are the way to go :] the HC2400 are just the best hands down, or if your looking for a high voltage set up they have that battery that have interchangeable posts for 12V or 16V set ups. have you upgraded your grounding, mainly the big 3 (or for some people the big 4)? i would make sure you have no unnecessary length in your power or grounding wiring either, especially your grounding coming from your amp. anything more then a 1.5 feet or so can drain your electrical system pretty bad. i recommend a voltage stabilizer too, i picked a the nicest one off of ebay i could find and im pretty sure it helps out alot too. its even got a voltage meter on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JAPAN-BELLO...1QQcmdZViewItem

yellow tops are ok, but kinetiks are the way to go :] the HC2400 are just the best hands down, or if your looking for a high voltage set up they have that battery that have interchangeable posts for 12V or 16V set ups. have you upgraded your grounding, mainly the big 3 (or for some people the big 4)? i would make sure you have no unnecessary length in your power or grounding wiring either, especially your grounding coming from your amp. anything more then a 1.5 feet or so can drain your electrical system pretty bad. i recommend a voltage stabilizer too, i picked a the nicest one off of ebay i could find and im pretty sure it helps out alot too. its even got a voltage meter on it.

please disregard the post about buying a "voltage stabilizer"

it is a piece of crap...all it is is a crapacitor that is overglorified...nothing fancy. doesn't do what it says it does. worthless

and saying the hc2400's are the BEST hands down is a little overboard...yes they are very good batteries but there at a lot of other companies with batteries in just as good and better

i recommend a voltage stabilizer too, i picked a the nicest one off of ebay i could find and im pretty sure it helps out alot too. its even got a voltage meter on it.

We oughta ban you for suggesting something like that.

Eric, have you talked to Nate at EA about a smaller pulley to increase idle voltage yet?

Although on another note what exactly are you trying to power? You should definitely conside adding to the Big 3 (it looks like you may have done it already in that picture though). Another idea would be to add more runs from the ALT directly to your rear batteries instead of going through your front one first. 3 batteries in the rear? 3 runs of 0awg from the alt.

Depending on what you're trying to power, I would prematurely go out on a limb and just say that your wire is what's holding you back.

A battery is a voltage stabilizer. Depending on the car you might be able to bump the idle speed up a little too to help with the drop at idle. The voltage regulator controls the voltage...you can't go too high or it starts to trash 12v things like maybe your engine computer/etc.