duece212

Sundown 3000 on 2 rlp-18's sealed?

Hey all, thinking about getting in at the last minute before the price hike. Was toying with the idea of another 2 rli8's but I have a sundown 3000 sitting here I got a great deal on and would like to use. Would two rlp18's sealed hang with the 3000 if I am conservative with it?

This will be goin in the back of my 07 f150 extended cab. I should be able to go 10 cubes for the pair and still have room for the amp and a battery or two.

thoughts? Thanks!

If you watch the gains and be carefull you'll be good. fing05.gif

Right on, thanks for the reply man, here and on CA :)

Looks like I will order them up. Then they can sit in the closet with the amp until I can afford an alt and some batteries. That should give me plenty of time to rip out my backseat and start building!

I think it would work out great just be careful with the gains and vol knob......

Aloha

That = loud :)

Thats the plan :)

Wanted something that got stupid loud, yet still sounded good. Owned a few SS subs in the past and dug em, and have heard good things about the sundown amps. I think it will make for a nice combo.

If 3kw, 2 18's, and the loss of my back seat isn't loud enough I will give up trying :ehh:

After buying the subs and amp I'm currently broke...expect updates in about a month (i'm also pretty slow when it comes to installs, maybe a tad longer...)

yes thats a great combo ss+sundown=FTW....ive used a sundown 1500d on 2 rli-8 in a ported box

tuned to 34hz hit a 144.6db so imo it's a great combo..

Aloha

Going to need a very stout front stage to have a chance at sounding decent at higher volumes :)

Going to need a very stout front stage to have a chance at sounding decent at higher volumes :)

You don't even want to know what my current front stage is :ehh:

Infinity 6x8 coax's on a kicker 200.2....no deadening, no midbass, craptastic. The coming months will be for the back end build. Once we get back to warmer months (spring) I will probably deaden and do the front stage right with some decent drivers. Truck is only a month old though, can't do everything I want at once unfortunately.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day, won't be able to listen to em for a few weeks but I bet I unbox em and drool for a bit tomorrow :)

Tracking number

5087114xxxxxxx

Ship date

Nov 1, 2007

Estimated delivery

Nov 6, 2007

Reference

SSA Drop #874 RL-p18 D2

Destination

GREELEY, CO

Pieces

1 of 2

Weight

42.8 lbs.

Total Shipment Weight

88.0 lbs.

rlp002wb9.jpg

its brother showed up today too, still boxed up in the garage. These are some of the sexiest drivers I've ever seen, the etched logo on the cone and the silver vein basket are very nice touches. If they sound half as good as they look I will be quite happy :)

Edited by duece212

1500w per, shouldnt be a problem unless you go into the mechanical failures.

I know someone who did that with a RL-p 18 and a RF t3000bd....bottoming out= nasty

Now I may be getting too big for my britches...but I swear I could fit 3 18's in there sealed in 4ft each with ease now that I have the back seat out. Hrmm..maybe I just go ported with the two. I really wanted to try sealed though...who knows.

Here's my progress today:

before:

truck001mn4.jpg

and after more work than a back seat should take, never mind the spaghetti on the floor, just look at all that wide open space to use. And yes that is a temp tag in the window still :/

truck002ga9.jpg

Now I may be getting too big for my britches...but I swear I could fit 3 18's in there sealed in 4ft each with ease now that I have the back seat out. Hrmm..maybe I just go ported with the two. I really wanted to try sealed though...who knows.

Here's my progress today:

before:

truck001mn4.jpg

and after more work than a back seat should take, never mind the spaghetti on the floor, just look at all that wide open space to use. And yes that is a temp tag in the window still :/

truck002ga9.jpg

Thats a fair amout of area, if the 18s are like the other RLP, they will sound great sealed and really shine ported. I say stick with the pair, and if you have the room go ported, if not stick to sealed. It will sound good and be loud either way!!

BTW, I am so looking foward to this build very jealous!!

I will definately be stickin with the pair...I cannot afford another...haha

Good news is I am going to stick with the sundown 3000, alts ordered, will grab some dynamat to do the back wall next payday. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to pick up batts until the end of the month.

Thank god for the home depot card, even though I'm broke I can atleast get some wood to start building a floor in the truck and then get started on an enclosure :)

This will be crazy loud.

I will definately be stickin with the pair...I cannot afford another...haha

Good news is I am going to stick with the sundown 3000, alts ordered, will grab some dynamat to do the back wall next payday. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to pick up batts until the end of the month.

Thank god for the home depot card, even though I'm broke I can atleast get some wood to start building a floor in the truck and then get started on an enclosure :)

If you want a great price on some sound deadning I'd go to Raamaudio and contact Rick and ask him about his BXT product and Ensolite. Would be cheaper than dynamat and you wouldn't have any closed cell foam mat if you went with the mat for the price.

If you want a great price on some sound deadning I'd go to Raamaudio and contact Rick and ask him about his BXT product and Ensolite. Would be cheaper than dynamat and you wouldn't have any closed cell foam mat if you went with the mat for the price.

Yup, think I will be going with bxt and ensolite for the back wall. This f150 is suprisingly quiet for a truck. Definately more road noise since I took the seat out though so gotta make up for that.

hmmmm, i've seen, done that before (ripped out back seat of brand new truck){done it twice, hehe} to get silly loud, lol.

gotta love it! and you have an awesome combo chosen there bro. can't wait for more build pics!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

so any new updates and pics on your project....

Aloha

unfortunately not man. With buyin the HO alt, pickin up license plates for the truck and the new motorcycle I bought, I'm pretty far down on money. Gotta save my money for Christmas so my nephews get the good stuff this year :)

Its been cold as crap here lately. I probably won't be picking up deadener for the back wall until after christmas when I can get into a heated shop to put it in.

Sucks that I'm only down deadener, a few batteries, some wire, and some wood right now. Not in a hurry though, will pick it back up after christmas.

thats cool what kinda motorcycle you bought?. well it will be a nice system when done..

Aloha