Sign in to follow this  
dropkick13

Fi Q vs SSD vs BL 12"

I'm hearing tons of good stuff about Fi but I'm not sure which of these subs will fit my tastes best. I'm shooting for one 12". I like deep loud bass for my reggae and even for 'metal' . I like it vibrating the hairs on the back of my neck loud. But I listen to a lot of punk music which would need some good SQ especially for the double bass (not many subs keep up with it well). So, I know that the BL is the SPL sub, the Q is the SQ sub, and the SSD is kind of an entry level mix, but which would best fit my tastes? I can only afford one sub I only have 2 cu ft to work with. I figure I'll be best with a ported box tuned @ 35 hz (a little high to help the punk music).

What you guys think?

What options are 'must haves' on each type?

Depends on how much room and power you have to work with....

IMO the Q's would probably be up your alley.

Thanks!

-Nick

Depends on how much room and power you have to work with....

IMO the Q's would probably be up your alley.

Thanks!

-Nick

My limitations are 2 cu ft of space and only about $200-$250 for an amp to match the sub

Would you say the BP power is important to get? What does it really do?

If you plan on running over ~1100 watts or so then the BP power is probably a good option to get...

If you plan on running over ~1100 watts or so then the BP power is probably a good option to get...

Yea i saw they are rated at 1000w rms. I am cheap but definitely want the most for the money. If $40 will gain me some extra wattage then im all for it. How much power is ideal for the sub w/ bp power as a daily driver? I've heard people pushing 1500w but what is ideal? Don't want to risk blowing the sub.

Yea i saw they are rated at 1000w rms. I am cheap but definitely want the most for the money. If $40 will gain me some extra wattage then im all for it. How much power is ideal for the sub w/ bp power as a daily driver? I've heard people pushing 1500w but what is ideal? Don't want to risk blowing the sub.

Well if you aren't cautious about it you will blow it with 1000w....just a 'for instance' i've got a little over 900 watts per side in my component system in the 4 runner, granted i don't use all of it, and with those little coils of a 1" tweet, 3" midrange, and a 7" midbass driver..they will not take that kind of power. There's nothing wrong with headroom, you just have to know how to use it, and not abuse it.

Your amps have to be gained in right to match your headunit's RCA voltage...the subsonic filter(s) have to be setup properly...

We rate them so that you will not hurt them given the worst possible scenario, granted if you abuse them and play volume master and gain master odds are you are going to blow them...

Thanks!

Well if you aren't cautious about it you will blow it with 1000w....just a 'for instance' i've got a little over 900 watts per side in my component system in the 4 runner, granted i don't use all of it, and with those little coils of a 1" tweet, 3" midrange, and a 7" midbass driver..they will not take that kind of power. There's nothing wrong with headroom, you just have to know how to use it, and not abuse it.

Your amps have to be gained in right to match your headunit's RCA voltage...the subsonic filter(s) have to be setup properly...

We rate them so that you will not hurt them given the worst possible scenario, granted if you abuse them and play volume master and gain master odds are you are going to blow them...

Thanks!

Makes sense. So assuming I don't get greedy with the volume/gain, what power should i shoot for w/out Bp power and w/ bp power?

In your budget range I'd leave off the BP option and shoot for a 1kw amplifier.

In your budget range I'd leave off the BP option and shoot for a 1kw amplifier.

You are probably right. Although, I am going to buy used most likely so I might just take what I can get.

Sign in to follow this