Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

Ravens game in the Sky Box

Amanda's company got a few passes from another company they work with for the game. Unreal sky box, nicest I have been in. Have been told FedEx field are the best. View was great, food was good, not to mention the 5 or 6 bottles of Goose that we went through. Second very close important game that was changed/over turned by the refs this year that cost the game for the Ravens. Not including the phantom TD by Jamal Lewis last time we played them, or the go go gadget arms of Todd Heap who caught a wide open pass in the end zone but was called for offensive pass interference.

Here are just a few shots from our sky box:

32215281981.jpg

32215282073.jpg

32215282070.jpg

32215282060.jpg

But the 2 helmet to helmet hit on Boller were not called (one of witch were intercepted and run back for a touchdown), not to mention pass interference against Dawkins that was not called, or the two blatent holdings during the last kick off return. I know the Ravens played like crap in the first half, and the play calling was amature hour. Billick is in hot water, and I think McNair is done for good. Another traditional Baltimore trade of getting someone past their prime, over paying them, and we suffer, the Orioles are more guilty of this then the Ravens, but it is still standard for Baltimore sports. Oh well, it is sad. Just tired of the offense sucking it up and the defense having to do the mass majority of the work.

I didn't see the game other than the highlight, was at my grandparents 50th anniversary party, but I will not argue one bit that there were a ton of missed calls. I think sports are too fast for todays refs, I also know that I'm tired of watching cleveland's shotty defense.

Honestly though, the dessert tray, did they bring one by at the end of the game for you? Cuz normally those things are loaded w/ sweets & goodies!

Actually, there was no desert tray. I grabbed my cold cut and a slice, and people ended up bringing my Goose and Tonics out to me.

Man id love to be able to sit in a skybox and watch a game.... next time you should invite me :)

Wish I could get them again. It was only my second Ravens game, and my first home game for them. The other being the super bowl in Tampa. ;)

Of course you guys have never given Billick what he needs to succeed, a big armed quarterback and a fast wide receiver. If he can't open up the field his offensive mind stumbles.

Sounds like an amazing time. What part of Md are you from? (other than northeast). I'm from Annapolis...just curious.

I am from Hunt Valley, but we live in Harford County. My best friend lives on Clay street in Annapolis.

Of course you guys have never given Billick what he needs to succeed, a big armed quarterback and a fast wide receiver. If he can't open up the field his offensive mind stumbles.

The Ravens have had plenty of fast wide receivers, but not that many with great hands, if only Mason would run farther then 7 yards, and they would stop sending Heap over the middle to make a hospital catch. In addition, Bollers arm has never been lacking, the play calling to let him us it has, not to mention his happy feet and lack of protection. He is a tough kid, I think if he did not bounce back up so fast after the hard hits, more penalties would be called. But oh the irony of Billick being the Offensive master mind, and Marvin Lewis being the Defensive Guru, and the total opposite out comes from their respective teams.

The problem is Billick is thinking that the Ravens are going to set up the run with the pass (time and time again throwing on 2nd and 1 & 3rd and 1), when the converse is the superior way. The Ravens are built to be an old style, physical team, who beats you up on defense and runs the football right at you. Oh and Derek Anderson being a Raven and they let him go, only to get burned by him twice, and keep the guy they kept over him on the bench.

Since you got Billick you haven't had a QB that could throw 30 yards accurately at all and your fast receivers may be quick but couldn't make it in Canadian football. Mason was done 3 years ago...I just don't understand why you would hire a coach for a system that he isn't familiar with nor perhaps good at managing.

Since you got Billick you haven't had a QB that could throw 30 yards accurately at all and your fast receivers may be quick but couldn't make it in Canadian football. Mason was done 3 years ago...I just don't understand why you would hire a coach for a system that he isn't familiar with nor perhaps good at managing.

The thing is, he has been here long enough to make it his own system. I feel his ego and arrogance has gotten the better of him in times of making the right decisions. Speaking of the CFL, I went to the very first Baltimore Stallions CFL game at the old memorial stadium before the Ravens existed.