Sign in to follow this  
jonbearsmt

epicenter by audio control

so when i was growing up.. im 24 now so what ever... anyway everyone that had a bad ass audio set up owned a epicenter, so of course when i started gettin biger in the game..( ya know a the big 3 with 2 batts, 2 jl 500/1s 2 w6 15s and 4 jl w3 12's).. i got a epic center.. i but it in and it sucked! i donno if i just could never get my stuff tuned right with it but any song with an 808 beat sounded like trash..... but any old school song like i donno old from the 92 or 93... those songs were at there best more beat more knock then ever before. but now!

i have 2 15 FI bls fully loaded, 3 yellow tops the big three and a sun down 3000 on the way....... whats your take.. sell it on ebay to feed my car audio addiction? or use it.... also i have a line booster, from audio control, i think its a2 xes or somthing like that use it or sell it?

I used to have one about 10 years ago. It was one of those things that was fun to play with but got old real fast. About the only thing it was cool on was classic rock and stuff like that. It pretty much sucked for any song that already had a lot of bass in it.

the way i understand it : is the device was to recreate bass & sub Freq that was either lost of weak due to media playback...

i.e. cassett or bad recording, cheap Hu etc etc etc...

now that we have Kickass Hu, killer Cds, and mo better amps, the need for the AQ Epi has run its coruse...

try this lisen to a song with weakass bass and turn on the unit BAM in come the killer bass,

put on a song like Get Low - ying/yang twins and you will not notice the change as the bass was srtong when recorded...

just my .02 :grouphug:

the way i understand it : is the device was to recreate bass & sub Freq that was either lost of weak due to media playback...

i.e. cassett or bad recording, cheap Hu etc etc etc...

now that we have Kickass Hu, killer Cds, and mo better amps, the need for the AQ Epi has run its coruse...

try this lisen to a song with weakass bass and turn on the unit BAM in come the killer bass,

put on a song like Get Low - ying/yang twins and you will not notice the change as the bass was srtong when recorded...

just my .02 :grouphug:

I agree, its nice to play around with but adds seriously too much distortion to the bass.

I also likes how the orginal poster considers 92, 93 to be "old school". That really makes me feel old and im only 30 ;)

thanks for the info i was thinkig along the same lines... and hey im not trying to make anyone feel old but in 93 i was like 10 or 12... so thats old school to me!!!!! my chick said the same thing shes almost 30 its allllllllll love!@

I have never and will never have a use for one.

use one in conjunction with Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" and you may change your opinions on it :)

on certian songs it is useful but to leave it on constantlly would overdrive the signal causing distortion & eventually sub failure.

I have one, I have the old series 2 version that I use. I only switch it on for "rock" brings out the double bass good since my mids arent as stout as others

anyone have have a thought on the xs2 line booster?

use one in conjunction with Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" and you may change your opinions on it :)

I can't stand the song how it's originally mixed, I doubt making it sound worse would change my mind :D

Well...Im the odd ball.

I have had my epicenter hooked up to my extremi mids for extended periouds of time. I simply remove teh low end crossover, bump the 30-50hz freq and I instantly have a 10" sub.

I DONT RECOMEND DOING THIS...

Most people that got in my truck started looking around for a sub HAHA!

Anyways, now that the Mag is back in the truck I catch myself using it less and less.

It doesnt bring back poorly recorded bass. It simply takes the lower midrange octive (60-120hz and sometime higher) and reproduces it an octive lower. Usually in the 30-40hz range. It also makes your sub work rather sluggish sounding at times.

(Please note that mine is also teh older series 2 with no gain and sweep control. Just the simple on/off volume)

I will also admit however there are those songs out there that the Epicenter was made for. Linkin Park comes to mind. Hurts and shakes the piss out of everything.

I have never and will never have a use for one.

Mmmmhmmm.

fing05.gif