Sign in to follow this  
rugdnit

Fi Q12 Dual 1ohm and US Amps AX600DE

i am toying with the idea of either a ported 10Q or a sealed 12Q. overall i want SQ, but want it to get loud. i listen to mostly rock music and really enjoy a good jamming bass line. i am a sales rep so i spend alot of time on the road and due to needing the space for samples i don't want a box much bigger than 1.5 cubes ( MAX ). my question is this- i already have the AX600DE-- is it enough to drive a 12Q sealed? i know that at 1 ohm it will drive 600W ( on paper ). the amp is extremely efficient, but will it really drive either Q? this is more of a question for Scott or someone with experience with Fi. i am not a newbie by any means- i am just looking for some good info from somebody who knows the product very well. thanx!

HU: Avic Z1

Front Stage: Cdt M6 Comps/Silk Dome Tweets

Amps: AXTU4360

AX600DE

Subs: 2 Ed 9.kv2 ported / 4 RE8 ported depending on space avail

What about a SSD with a copper coil?

What about a SSD with a copper coil?

i had read so many good things about the Q and i like the way a 12 sounds over a 10. perhaps Flakko can shed some light on what the 600DE benches at. what would i really be giving up by going with an SSD with CC?

I think i remember JR saying the 600DE can put out around 700-750w. dont quote me on that tho, ill ask and lyk on monday. either way, i think going with the the SSD is your better bet. Also might try asking scott to put some soft spiders to get a little more out of your sub.

I think i remember JR saying the 600DE can put out around 700-750w. dont quote me on that tho, ill ask and lyk on monday. either way, i think going with the the SSD is your better bet. Also might try asking scott to put some soft spiders to get a little more out of your sub.

Flakko- dude you are too classy. you should have chimed in way earlier. i have a feeling that the 600DE kicks out more than 600 watts. this amp is by far the most efficient amp i have owned- and i have had pretty much all of them. lets say the thing kicks out 700-750??? is there a reason why that wouldn't make a 12Q Jam?

Nope, not at all.

JIMJ- on another note- i talked to Greg at US AMPS and had Dirk install the JJ ECC83 Gold Pins on my AXTU4360. calmed the amp down a bunch. that said i somewhat miss the mid punch that the Stock tubes had. perhaps my Avic Z1 does not have a very flexible EQ to really get the sound i am looking for. sound is subjective, so my opinion counts very little in the big scheme.

Edited by rugdnit

Flakko- dude you are too classy. you should have chimed in way earlier. i have a feeling that the 600DE kicks out more than 600 watts. this amp is by far the most efficient amp i have owned- and i have had pretty much all of them. lets say the thing kicks out 700-750??? is there a reason why that wouldn't make a 12Q Jam?

didnt see the post :) would you mind doing a review on the AX 600de and comparing it to the other amps youve used? again, dont forget ask for the soft spiders...scott recommended them to me when i was sub searching with limited power.

didnt see the post :) would you mind doing a review on the AX 600de and comparing it to the other amps youve used? again, dont forget ask for the soft spiders...scott recommended them to me when i was sub searching with limited power.

well in the AX line those were my two options- the 600DE and the 3200DE-- for the amount of power i needed the 3200 was way overboard and $$$. it would have been nice to see a 1-1.5K DE. i think you guys kinda missed the boat there. i would have gone merlin, but i wanted it to match the AXTU4360. when i get a chance to run a larger driver with this amp i will give a review of it.

well in the AX line those were my two options- the 600DE and the 3200DE-- for the amount of power i needed the 3200 was way overboard and $$$. it would have been nice to see a 1-1.5K DE. i think you guys kinda missed the boat there. i would have gone merlin, but i wanted it to match the AXTU4360. when i get a chance to run a larger driver with this amp i will give a review of it.

alright- i have done a bunch of reading through the site. sounds like a 12ssd w/ copper coil option would be nice. i also read somewhere that with some info on the application Scott can set it up to perform better. Scott/Fi can you elaborate a little on this?

alright man. sorry i didnt get back to you yesterday...i called once and they were in a business meeting and if forget to call again.

anyways, the AX600DE is heavily underrated. it will do about 800-850w@1 ohm at 13.8v

so yea its perfect fo the ssd :)

alright man. sorry i didnt get back to you yesterday...i called once and they were in a business meeting and if forget to call again.

anyways, the AX600DE is heavily underrated. it will do about 800-850w@1 ohm at 13.8v

Flakko- thanx man! when i got it i was kinda surprised how small it was, but once fired it up i knew there was alot more under the hood. like i said i will get a review for you once i have a chance to run the 12.

Flakko- thanx man! when i got it i was kinda surprised how small it was, but once fired it up i knew there was alot more under the hood. like i said i will get a review for you once i have a chance to run the 12.

np man. and i will be patiently waiting!

Sign in to follow this