HID headlights

A/C

heater

those are all my current loads

coming soon, above PLUS

2 more yellow tops, for a a end number of 5

2 sundown 100's

HID back up lights

perhaps another sundown 3000's and chaging the bl's out for BTL's with the 3rd option

is 600 bucks worth a Dual Alternator Kit and do ya think i need one now? or later after i get some of the more power loads installed?

thanks

Not even that, true HID lights have a ballast that has to ignite the lamp that has warm up upon first start. They don't get to their peak brightness until 6-9 seconds later.

Using them as backup lights is worthless, because you have to wait longer to see better.

umm buddy, i have many cars with HID lights,,,, mine take about 4 seconds,....... and regardless, my tint is so dark that i need more light to see when backing up, see when i get my new wheels i want to see the road when im backing, in texas we dont have alot of curbs out side the citys, we have ditchs,

Regardless of your excuses.. its a dumb idea.

Maybe you shouldn't have tinted that dark then?

i have LED back up lights now, they cut it inside and even as my curb lights, but thay are not doing well as back up lights, i even have the 25 led per bulb ones,,, there just not doin it,

as far as it being my dumb idea, im sure it is, many many things i have done people say THATS DUMB..... but the first man who put a house speaker in his car,........ the man who started car audio,.... im sure people said he was dumb aswell.... but who cares.... its what i want, i didnt ask you to fund it, i didnt even ask if you would help me on that... i would not be suprised if in 2010 thay start useing SOMTHING LIKE hids for backing up,

chill out

what head unit do u have? why not just get a backup camera for it. Pioneer makes a really nice backup camera that hooks right up to the avic series of headunits and some of the DEH series. i would think that would be even better than HIDs for the rear, just my opinion tho. I see alot of vehicles with extremely dark tint. and the only thing i've seen really work is the backup camera

Whhaaat, I gotta see the pics of HID reverse lights! I liked the thrill of backing up with my tint and not seeing anything!

...and you answer your question, no you don't need dual alt's. $600 for two alts w/bracket, that sounds to good to be true.

i have a nice pioneer indash dvd unit with the back up cam option, i guess i could go that route, but its just to PLAIN!, im a razzel dazzel kinda guy, thats why i have custom wood floors in my car... do i need it???? NO... do i like it... yes..... HID back up lights, that is a little strange, but its wicked cool,

and the 600 bucks is for the bracket and an ALT, and a few pullys all the bolts... i was intrested in finding out more about,running 1 12v alt, and system for the car, and 1 alt on a 16 v system for my trunk....... thats more why i wanted two. that and, its bad ass when you pop that hood and the motor is o no clean, and ya got things that people have never seen in person... ahhhhh

If you got money for toys, buy them.

Those 3 yellow tops are plenty of power, no need for the 16v.

ok, i was thinking today to sell my yellow tops and go with 3 Kinetik 2000's

if i can use one under the hood,

yellow tops, or Kinetiks? IF I NEED TO DO ANYTHING

There aren't anything special about Kinetik batteries, keep the yellow tops.

the wood floors are in the works, as soon as its done ill post some pics... for now all i have are pics thats i took to see how it may look, and also pics of my mock ups..... M5 i wouldnt lie to you all!