dragonetti

My baby died! ESX Q60.4

Merry Christmas to you all. My baby quit working after many great years of service. Does anyone know if the MAN will still service older amps? If so, is the process slow, fast, or does it just depend (I am sure they are busy around there) (can't go long without my music though)? I had an old A/D/S/ amp repaired a long time ago from a local shop and it didn't last. I would rather it get fixed by the maker. Thanks for any info.

but the maker(zed) is :) I've talked to Steven about reparing amps. He will repair all his old stuff as long as they can get parts, and stuff he didn't make.. Pretty cool. Surprised when I called I actually taked to him.. Hope it helps.

Give them a call. :)

Merry Christmas to you all. My baby quit working after many great years of service. Does anyone know if the MAN will still service older amps? If so, is the process slow, fast, or does it just depend (I am sure they are busy around there) (can't go long without my music though)? I had an old A/D/S/ amp repaired a long time ago from a local shop and it didn't last. I would rather it get fixed by the maker. Thanks for any info.

I have one I can part with...same exact model....

gentlejax@bellsouth.net

Mike

Thanks, but I emailed zed audio, worse case $100 to repair. 10 day turn around because of back log from hollidays (not bad). Can't go wrong with Zed doing the repairs.

yeah thats what I would do myself in your shoes....but I was offering you a chance to have 2 of them.....

I am moving to Zed amps for that reason...if I need something fixed I can email him and he emails back..personal response on a one on one basis....cant beat that...

You should be fine to send your amp to Zed for repair.

I wonder what happened to your amp.

I have several ESX amps and they are going strong.

I have a couple of the 4 channels still new in boxes, maybe one day

I will install them.

Good luck and let us all know what happened to your amp, i'm curious...

is getting a new one an option?

LOL ESX is no longer in business.

check the net my man! esx is in business just not in america. they are going strong in germany in fact i have two esx signum woofers in and a q404 in my truck that i purchased from them and those woofers a beasts! the amp is clear as sunny day for my highs. heres a link for one store that carries their stuff its in german but i am sure that if you email them somebody would try to respond in english...money talks! http://www.wooferstore.de/carhifi/shopnew/...amp;filter_id=5

http://www.wooferstore.de/carhifi/shopnew/...mp;x=27&y=5

if youre interested i have a friend that is still in germany and he works at a shop that sell and repairs the esx brand i could try to call him and see what he can do for either repairs or a new one. he has quite a selection if youre interested.

Edited by benz280se

You should be fine to send your amp to Zed for repair.

I wonder what happened to your amp.

I have several ESX amps and they are going strong.

I have a couple of the 4 channels still new in boxes, maybe one day

I will install them.

Good luck and let us all know what happened to your amp, i'm curious...

Zed repaired the amp already, haven't got it back yet though. They said it looked like some soldiering failed or broke from vibration causing other damage. Can't complain the amp is in mint condition and worth the cost.

is getting a new one an option?

LOL ESX is no longer in business.

check the net my man! esx is in business just not in america. they are going strong in germany in fact i have two esx signum woofers in and a q404 in my truck that i purchased from them and those woofers a beasts! the amp is clear as sunny day for my highs. heres a link for one store that carries their stuff its in german but i am sure that if you email them somebody would try to respond in english...money talks!

Not the same ESX, I think this was a sore subject when I talked to Steve about 10 years ago. The Name was purchsed but the products will NEVER be the same as the original ZED Audio ESX. The company TRIED to recreate the Quantum series but failed after MANY people contacted them thinking it was int he same hands as it was then. The present products are still solid but will never be like the original ESX.