luckydogg72

Hexibase Box Design

This is the box i'm gonna start to build this weekend if everything works out. It's gonna house a FI BTL 18 Loaded. Tell me your thoughts on the design good or bad thanks everyone for your input

gallery_3395_87_15624.png

gallery_3395_87_8136.png

Without complete dimension markings it's pretty hard to say whether it'll be a good choice...

Man, I need to start designing regular ported boxes with Sketchup, slap a logo on it and gain a cult following...

LOL cult following i don't know about that but i read alot about the designes and read nothing but good things so i said hey why not try it. Then as you can see i post them on here to get you guys input cause i know most of you want lead me wrong on purpose... But following is it like that with him and his designes

Honestly know nothing of these box designs..some people praise them, that's about all i can honestly say...i've never heard one myself.

Well when my amp comes in i'll let you guys know how it turns out hopefully it's good but if not i'll just start over i have another design that bkfolo i think is his name on here drew up for me so hopefully one of them will work Nick your the FI man so what kind of design would you help me out with with dim of 49x23x30 with woofer firin up or 34x23x31 sub firin back thanks

i built that box for one of my friends and let me tell you that thing is heavy. iirc it did a 142.xx in a truck.

aug16_004.jpg

the design looks nice...

is that over 90 sq in of port total?

sorry the one i made was a hexibase design but for a 15"q. i don't remember the exact dimensions but it looks like he scaled it up some or added the extra baffle to compensate for the woofer displacement. the box was about the same width.

sorry the one i made was a hexibase design but for a 15"q. i don't remember the exact dimensions but it looks like he scaled it up some or added the extra baffle to compensate for the woofer displacement. the box was about the same width.

Hexibase is pretty good at hitting the target goals with his designs. Trust me, these aren't your typical ported boxes. I've heard and made plenty of ported boxes. There is alot more to a good box than a tuning frequency, air space, and port area. To each his own though. Nobody has to buy the designs if they don't want to. Its just another product in the economy which not everyone has to or will want to buy. Some people take their car to a mechanic, some do it themselves. He's not forcing anyone to buy his designs. He's just doing his own thing, and its amazing how people will just hate on it. There are plenty of people out there who can't design a good box, so they search for someone who can. Sometimes they find Hexibase, sometimes they find some random dude on a forum. Let them figure out which way works best for them.

Edited by Duke

Hexibase is pretty good at hitting the target goals with his designs. Trust me, these aren't your typical ported boxes. I've heard and made plenty of ported boxes. There is alot more to a good box than a tuning frequency, air space, and port area. To each his own though. Nobody has to buy the designs if they don't want to. Its just another product in the economy which not everyone has to or will want to buy. Some people take their car to a mechanic, some do it themselves. He's not forcing anyone to buy his designs. He's just doing his own thing, and its amazing how people will just hate on it. There are plenty of people out there who can't design a good box, so they search for someone who can. Sometimes they find Hexibase, sometimes they find some random dude on a forum. Let them figure out which way works best for them.

^^^that's the box i made and the guy i made it for. i wouldn't have built the box if i didn't like the design. i didn't hate on the design but just warned the op about how heavy it can get. sheeeeeeesh no need to get all defensive.

I got my box finished and mounted the btl it was kinda hard to get the ports to line up at the exact length apart i love it i only got a punch 800.2 on it right now and it already gets pretty loud phillip did you have this problem with ports. Also guys the amp is just temp to see what it would do i'm waitin on new saz 3000 to come in And Yes this box is heavy and built like a tank mine is about 5 inch deeper and 2 inches taller also

do you mean the width of the ports? i made the box in two pieces and used some corner clamps and screwed the ports down frst before adding the 45's. knda like jockin's pick but with the back on one side and the front on the other. it was kinda hard to seal but i thought that would've been easier that way than any other way i was thinking at the time.

Edited by philip

^^^that's the box i made and the guy i made it for. i wouldn't have built the box if i didn't like the design. i didn't hate on the design but just warned the op about how heavy it can get. sheeeeeeesh no need to get all defensive.

Wasn't aimed at you, sorry.

i will have basically the same exact dimensions as your box for my new box which will house two 15's..im gonna try out a new design from pete

49 x 18.5 x 24

Edited by jockin my styLez

so what kinda box do you guys think this is? i think it's a regular box with two huge ports. i dunno that's why i'm asking. in jocks box the port is 4x14.5. lemme know what you guys think. btw, this box sounds really good but can't figure out what it is.

does anyone have a full set of dimensions for the 15" box ?

how wide is the port ?

length ?

etc etc etc ???

i need a good Sq box

This isn't suppose to be a sq box but he can build you a design it's only 50 and i only have the 18 btl design. I also don't know what this kinda box would be called sorry and yea i was talkin about the port width i guess i should have done what you done......lol well it's live and learn huh

so what kinda box do you guys think this is? i think it's a regular box with two huge ports.
That's what it looks like to me, as well. Really too small to be anything else...
i need a good Sq box

Go sealed.

I don't know about small it takes up half of the back of my tahoe cause i had to leave room for a wheelchair but to each his own i love it if i would have built another box i might have loved it to. It may just be the fi btl 18 but i've always heard that the box makes or breaks the build but i may be wrong

Edited by bamatahoe