Megalomaniac

Megalo Finally Finished Build(for now atleast)

Equipment list:

- Eclipse cd7000(fully active)

- Zapco reference 1100.1(800 x1 @4ohm )

- Stereo Integrity Mag 12" d2(wired to 4ohms) 1.3 cube box sealed with polyfil

- Avionixx 440.4

- Hertz HSK165s component set

- Second Skin Deadening

- Audio Control Epicenter(not being used)

- Knu Accessories

-plenty of techflex :tasty:

pics:

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

this is my favorite part, its the spare wheel screw, so my box is fully secured to the frame :D

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

amprack:

IMG_1228.jpg

support beams:

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

how does it sound.. the sub

sounds great. warm and rich of smoothness. there is no overwhelming bass at all its all tasteful enough to listen to at ease. It still bumps when I want it too :D

BIG THANKS to: REQ(for on demand tech support), ~Magick_Man~, James Bang(for brainstorming ideas), Jntar(for his SQ taste in sub choice), & Lilmaniac(for help with tool selection purchasing)

damn that looks good, how does the carpet muffle the bass?? not at all or a little?? i might try something like that in the future

muffle? idk. its breathable, bass travels so i dont think its an issue. i could be wrong. I cant tell the difference with the beauty panel on or off.

Great install and great gear. :) And unlike the first responder I'd like to know how you like the rest of the system ;)

I love the Hertz comps, i love em even more when I went active a few weeks ago when I bought the cd7k. There is soo much too play with. I could spend hours just tuning and it just gets better and better. i dont even need the epicenter anymore, my frontstage is pretty strong IMO. deadening helped the most as every should know.

Thanks, whats funny is the wiring felt like it took the longest. I wanted make sure I could make the wiring look nice and avoid using too much or not enough. I am officially ADDICTED to Techflex. I will never do an install without it from now on along with never using mdf.

btw i hate KNU equipment. I honestly regret ever buying KNU stuff. Their compression distros were a big pain in the ass, their rcas arent really shielded because the shield isnt grounded on both ends at all(its all looks), and their speakerwire was PIA too to use(its big, bulky, and a bitch to trim right...that twisted karma)

Edited by Megalomaniac

Very nice Mir :)

Cant wait to hear it next weekend.

the dustcap was making noises from being caved in a few weeks ago, i popped it out, but that spot was weak and making noises. so today i swapped the cap with an alloy one.

notice the creases

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

now i just got to clean up the alloy and im set

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

i used urethane(i let it sit for 4 hours) and ca glue around the edge to seal it down nicely. hopefully it turns out fine.

well it turns out it is still making noises. and i know that the problems is. its those damn VC plugs that only 3 companies i know use :/

I dont think i can rip this cap off easily without tearing up the cone. i may have to invest in a recone :(

IMG_1407.jpg

not totally!

well i just pryed that bish off and it took SOME skin but its off, i glued anotherone on, BIG THANKS FOR FOREVERBUMPN FOR GIVING ME AN EXTRA ONE THAT I DIDNT EVEN ASK FOR.

IMG_1409.jpg

as you can see the urathane didnt do chit it was the strong ca glue that ripped the cone :/

IMG_1410.jpg

new one on but not so pretty as before

IMG_1413.jpg

hopefully no buzz this time

Nice work, and usable trunk too!

Megalo that is about the cleanest looking trunk install I've seen in a long time. My compliments on a well thought out setup. You'd never know it was there!

Great job Bro, is the sub still alive after all that glue-lovin'?