juan

02 Extended Cab GMC... Ideas?

Ok so I have an 02 extended cab gmc and Im wanting to put some subs in. Im looking for it to be loud and clear. Im willing to lift the seat up 2 inches. Im not sure if you guys have worked with my type of vehicle before. So far im looking at the icons mainly for the sq but I want loud aswell so maybe the AQ HDC products. Maybe suggest subs and box makers or sites to go for box. Im wanting to do 2 subs under the seat but not sure if I have the room. Any and all help would be appreciated.

With a 2" lift you could do a pair of ICON 12's sealed or a pair of 10's ported fairly easily. A little depends on what aspects you are willing to give up, but either way you could really make one hell of a sub setup.

With a 2" lift you could do a pair of ICON 12's sealed or a pair of 10's ported fairly easily. A little depends on what aspects you are willing to give up, but either way you could really make one hell of a sub setup.

I would like to do dual 10s. BUt i dont want the box to protrude into the foot room. Maybe something flush with the seat. Thanks for the info m5. Also what amp could i use to power both icons?

sundown 1500 1000 be a great amp.

i had a kicker 1500 pushing 2 12's sounds great.

Depends on the budget...

Not really worried about the budget. Id rather spend more money and be happy then not spend enough and be wanting.

just dont put urself in a hole.

should find a lot of great sutff on the shop here. basicly about prefernce and what u looking for. all there.

Can any1 recommend me a box builder or a website for some decent prefabs? Also do you think dual 10s would hit hard and low???

i've ran dual downfiring ported 10s, single downfired ported 10, four upfiring sealed 10s and most recently ran a single 12 downfired and ported (an ICON at that), all under the seat, without lifting it and without it extending into the foot area.

i've also built boxes to hold four forward firing 8L7s ported to go under there, again without lifting the seat. there's a lot of options for under that seat, lol.

speaking of which, for $175 shipped, i'll sell you my single 12, dowfiring, tuned to 34hz enclosure as i just traded my truck off yesterday. pics of the enclosure are around here somewhere, and ILuvJDM as the enclosures twin, as he's running a 12" ICON as well under his seat.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i've ran dual downfiring ported 10s, single downfired ported 10, four upfiring sealed 10s and most recently ran a single 12 downfired and ported (an ICON at that), all under the seat, without lifting it and without it extending into the foot area.

i've also built boxes to hold four forward firing 8L7s ported to go under there, again without lifting the seat. there's a lot of options for under that seat, lol.

speaking of which, for $175 shipped, i'll sell you my single 12, dowfiring, tuned to 34hz enclosure as i just traded my truck off yesterday. pics of the enclosure are around here somewhere, and ILuvJDM as the enclosures twin, as he's running a 12" ICON as well under his seat.

Im looking for something with alot of output. Is there any advantage in sound of runnin forward facing compared to downfiring subs? Also which sub would u recommend for your box?

downfiring "seems" to enhance lowend, to the ear, though i can't verify this with any measurement. the 4 8L7s forward facing is insanely loud for what it is...but those subs aren't cheap.

the box was built for the ICON, so that would be my first suggestion. also, i'd recommend between 1k to 1.5k in power, so the sub has to be able to handle that and be no deeper then the ICON.

it wasn't the loudest setup i had, but it would do mid 130's legal all day long. and sound good doing it.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

If I was to raise the rear seat 2 inches as I mentioned earlier, would you have enough room to work with dual AQ HDC3 10s? Im thinking of runnin about 2-2.5 kilowatts of power. Im looking for something loud.

to be honest, i have no clue. depending upon the subs depth and suggested volume, it could very well work.

btw, what's your definition of loud? i will tell you straight up, and take this from a guy who's done everything but wall off his truck, full size xcab trucks suck at loud. are you looking for numbers loud or ear loud? they are two different beasts. are you looking to compete loud or daily driving might get a ticket loud? again, two different avenues of attack.

i'll finish with this, regardless of raising the seat or not, your only going to get so loud under the seat as there just isn't any room to approach getting stupid loud. to truely get loud, the back seat will have to go. with wanting to run 2.5kwrms, or more, it's going to have to be a solid box and that takes up room. try to define your goals a bit better and we'll see what we can suggest.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I want to be ear loud. I also want to be heard coming from a block or so. Im not looking for numbers loud and I also have no interest in competing. Maybe suggest some subs and amp for me. Again I appreciate ur help.

Nobody wants to help you be heard a block away either. No need to ruin the hobby for others :(

Nobody wants to help you be heard a block away either. No need to ruin the hobby for others :(

???What do u mean?

I want to be ear loud. I also want to be heard coming from a block or so. Im not looking for numbers loud and I also have no interest in competing. Maybe suggest some subs and amp for me. Again I appreciate ur help.

ear loud, tune low, low-mid 30s..ie 34hz or under. my previous set up was just such a thing.

i would recommend a pair of ICON 10s (or similiar product from SI or SS) and 1500-2000kwrms. sundowns 1500d would fit the bill. or a single 12 in the right box.

also, as you can tell, people here believe the sound should be in the vehicle, not outside. wanting to be heard a block away isn't what the majority here is after.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

ear loud, tune low, low-mid 30s..ie 34hz or under. my previous set up was just such a thing.

i would recommend a pair of ICON 10s (or similiar product from SI or SS) and 1500-2000kwrms. sundowns 1500d would fit the bill. or a single 12 in the right box.

also, as you can tell, people here believe the sound should be in the vehicle, not outside. wanting to be heard a block away isn't what the majority here is after.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Yes i understand, but Im not the kind of person to showboat my music to ppl I dont know. I use it for functions like after softball games where we all hang out and drink, and for other group activities outside the residential areas. Thanks for your help.

Yes i understand, but Im not the kind of person to showboat my music to ppl I dont know. I use it for functions like after softball games where we all hang out and drink, and for other group activities outside the residential areas. Thanks for your help.

no problem. i'm a basshead, so i like it loud too, lol. you seem level headed, so don't stop asking questions. i've built a lot of enclosures to go under those seats and am more then happy to pass on whatever i can to help.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Mrray, have you worked with the kicker L7 series 10s or the Kicker CVX 10s? If so what did you think about them? I can get them bnib with full warranty for about 110. So I was thinking of goin with them.

yep, sure have. love em both. there is currently a cvx15 in the wife's trailblazer, loud low beast!

depth might be an issue, but they'll handle 750wrms easily, tend to like a bit bigger box and like to be tuned a bit high. but they will get loud! can be a bit muddy (due to liking the larger box), but output tends to make up for it.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Hey MrRay, I am wanting to go with dual 10s and I was wondering if you could give me or i pay for some blueprints for my truck. I think im goin to go with the icons. Thanks

Also, do i need to raise the seat?, and if so how high for optimal room for the subs?