Sign in to follow this  
Brian10962001

Rockford Fosgate 25 to life punch 150

Does anyone have any experience with the 2003 line up of Rockford Fosgate punch amps? I'm considering picking up a Punch 150 "25 to life" amp to go along with my Punch 600.4. I'm wondering if it would be better to go with this amp or to stick with the older style 500.2 that I can get a bit cheaper.

Great amp, really underrated.

By the fuse rating and the internals of the amp they should out muscle the old Punch 800.2's. They have grey 25 to Life boards and look overbuilt inside. The 180 watt rating is obviously just for nostalgia, my main concern with one of these is that you hear how much "worse" Fosgate has become over the years. This usually comes from the same people that believe the original punch 45 could put out 1000 watts so it's not exactly the most reliable of sources saying this.

ive got 4 of them....good amps, like m5 said, VERY underrated....mine does 300 x 2 @ 4 ohm...rated at like i think 80w x 2 @ 4 ohm.....

ive got 4 of them....good amps, like m5 said, VERY underrated....mine does 300 x 2 @ 4 ohm...rated at like i think 80w x 2 @ 4 ohm.....

What did your birth certificates read on those? What do you have them in? There's nothing about them in your sig. Yes the rating is 180 watts bridged at 4 ohm, these amps draw nearly that much current! I wouldn't even bother with one of these but I found a good deal on them and I'm going to have to do something creative for my single cab subwoofers hence this amp. How long have you ran these and have you had any reliability issues from them? I paid for mine today, it should be here within the week.

i used a 150 for a while, i have one in my car now, just on mids and highs...im actually selling them i think..not 100% sure yet...they are nice amps for sure though.

Birth certificates are a very successful marketing tool. Don't make that little piece of paper mean more than it really does.

Good amps, powerful & robust design, efficiency is middle of the road for an A/B amplifier.

Birth certificates are a very successful marketing tool. Don't make that little piece of paper mean more than it really does.

Good amps, powerful & robust design, efficiency is middle of the road for an A/B amplifier.

Birth Certificate means quite a bit when the amp is rated at 180 watts RMS bridged yet draws over 120 amps of current. These amps look nearly identical to the Punch 8002's, one odd thing is that the older Punch 800's were rated at 60 amps of draw and these are rated at 120. So either these amps are more powerful, or they got far less efficient one of the two. I'm assuming these put out somewhere in the realm of 900 real RMS watts. Either way it's really nice to know that these amps ARE still built strong and reliable. I get so tired of hearing how "great" the old Rockford stuff was compared to the new stuff. I remember what it was like when the DMS and Trans ANA amps were out and i remember the newer amps being just as good only cheaper and in different heat sinks. Hell the punch 600.4 I have has been running for over 4 YEARS and still works as good as the day I bought it. You can't argue with that kind of reliability.

Got the amp yesterday and my first impression was "this thing is HUGE". I was honestly surprised, this amps bigger and heavier than I was expecting by a long shot. I spent about 1/2 an hour just looking over it, this is my first encounter with new Rockford products. I really like the new larger allen bolts that hold on the wiring cover, and the fact that you can take the top cover off the amp and look at the internals is nice. Overall I was far beyond happy with this purchase, go Rockford!

Yeah, You really can't go wrong with the 25 to life stuff!

P1020601.JPG

I pulled my ED Nine.4 and Nine.1 and replaced them with the power 1000 and even at 2ohms (rated at 600w rms) the power 1000 outdoes the Nine.1 in output hands down. What other 500w rated 5 channel REQUIRES 1/0 gage and has a 250a internal fuse?

Edited by david in germany

Reminds me of the old school cheater amps that would rate at 12.0 volts and like .000005 THD so you could run lower watt classes. Rockford however just blatantly lied on these guys LOL. My birth certificate says right under 900rms, I do have a question though, does Rockford no longer actually test every amplifier? I'm thinking they don't because a few people have got them with bad channels, there's no chance they actually tested that amp if it came with a bad output.

those birth certificates are a marketing ploy why else would the T1000 be rated at 1000 watts and have a fuse rating of 150 amps like a 1500 watt amp