Sign in to follow this  
wong05tsx

Sundown Amps are here!

Just a sneak peak of whats going on the next few days

Just thought I'd share. Was too lazy to take them out to lay it out, but you get the idea. The 100.2 fits on top of that, without the box. 1500 and 100.4 laid out in front of the box, gonna hole saw thru the trunk liner floor to run wires

Just put the Treo in this morning, hasn't seen any power yet

[it has the same box specs are idq :), save box making $$!]

P1010568.jpg

stay tuned for updates, going to vegas the next 3 days though.

this is what the box actually looks like

P1010419.jpg

the 100.2 wil lbe sitting on the left higher side

wow the port on that box is small

I'm guessing with the choice of sub it's more of an SQ setup, a smaller port actually has wider bandwidth (less peaky) than a large port as long as it's not TOO small :)

I'm guessing with the choice of sub it's more of an SQ setup, a smaller port actually has wider bandwidth (less peaky) than a large port as long as it's not TOO small :)

Don't mean to thread jack, but how do you know how small is too small, and how small is good for SQ. I know it probably depends on tuning frequency, what type of drivers ure using and cubic footage of the box. But is there any rule I could use for figuring how big to make a port?? Or a site with a guide maybe?

Tell em SQueer. hehe.

Too small= excessive port noise, there are a few different theories on port size to box size. There is also theories about the ratio needing to be within certain parameters to avoid "port shuffling".

When using a program like winisd (please tell me i still remember the name). when doing port dimesions it will graph out port noise I try to get the lowest amount of noise possible without completely removing all back-pressure for sq boxes.

Back from vacation

Yeah that's about all the comments i been getting in the few forums I posted on lol. The box was designed by Mr. Cabinetry on Caraudio 2.5cu @ 33hz

I'm not a SPL head, more into SQ while still being able to be a bit loud when I want it to

I have a small trunk and a navi unit on the right side that only gave me 14.5" of clearance so things had to be improvised to fit a 15" in there.

About the port noise, I didn't hear any of it when I had the 15" IDQ in there, it sounded great, since I was changing amp setups, I figured I may as well get as much as I can without straining the electrical system; running the 1500 at 2 ohms, it feels like a waste of a 1500 if i ran it at 4ohms. And since the IDQ was D2, I really had no choice but to change to a D4, and I got the Treo SSI for a pretty good deal.

No update on the system yet, it's been pouring as of the last few days, don't have a drive in garage, so I can't really do anything until the weather clears

v1IDQ15D2v2ported.jpg

PortWallsPlacement.jpg

Edited by wong05tsx

All wiring done, took about 4 hours (2 hours running wire to back :\, an hour on the firewall alone... such tight fit)

Everythings hooked up except the ground, still waiting for custom BALUN to be made and shipped to me; which'll be about 2 weeks from now. When it comes I just have to hook up the ground and plug in the RCA's and i'll be a happy man again. Took out the JL 300/2 today as well, see classifieds for sale, so I'm without music in the car until the balun gets here :\

Onto the pix

Gonna take out those gloves/shoes etc at a later time, pix shot at night cuz i didnt have my camera during the day

P1010600.jpg

P1010602.jpg

P1010603.jpg

(it was the only way to keep my grounds as short as possible, all other options already thought of)

Sign in to follow this