vladd

8s or 7s???

I've almost got the fiero driveable so it's time to start planning the audio portion.

What will you be lowpassing at? Do you already have your midrange and tweeter picked out?

not picked out, but have a few ideas for the mids, they'd really depend on the door speakers, and then the tweets depend on the mids. But will probably go large format for the tweet and go with a higher end morel, i love my mdt-29s. Of course they will all have more low end than i'd need for just about any midrange.

I don't really care to hack away at the car since it's just a fiero, so if going with a certain 8 narrows my mid choices down it doesn't matter to me, but it'll still probably have to be a 3" or 4" mid.

amazingly enough i think i managed to not answer your question at all :-D

if i go 7s it'll be a 3 way if it's necessary. because the 7 will be chosen solely for low end i may have to sacrifice enough on the top end to go three way. If it goes high enough to pair with a large format tweet i won't over complicate things.

Install work come into play at all? If you are truly going 3 way no matter what it would be silly to use a 7...

That's my main problem, using the 8 up to say 800hz'ish will i really be hurting because of them being so far off axis?

And what do you mean about install work?

at this point i'm leaning heavily towards 8s.

8s off axis vs 7s on axis.

that's really dependant on the midbass though sadly the L3s are starting to look very attractive.

I guess what i should say is i don't want my midrange choice to affect my midbass choice, as my midbass is more important to me at this point. I have tons of flexibility will mounting the midrange.

In that light, 8" should be the ideal driver size. Then find a midrange that can play the critical 200-4000 (or higher) range and fill in the top end with a tweeter.

sounds good to me.

the midbass is pretty much stuck in the doors, the midrange can be anywhere at all which is why i didn't want them to determine midbass. i actually really want to try the l3s ib firing up against the windshield (could get extremely tricky) and then try them in kicks just to see where i like te imaging the most. i have a feeling this car is going to be a bitch to get real depth in.