bigcam112

cd or ipod?

hi guys this is my first post in a very long time... as if that matters but i do have one question to ask.... which is better cd or ipod? i have found that cd is a lot louder in treble while my ipod blasts the bass... my ipod is connected through a Alpine headunit with ipod cord and all... i was just wondering what people prefer more cd or ipods?

CD for me. I don't and probably won't own an Ipod.

Perhaps if the Ipod was modified to support lossless codecs such as FLAC or APE...MP3 is worthless to me.

Perhaps if the Ipod was modified to support lossless codecs such as FLAC or APE...MP3 is worthless to me.

Linux!

After having three iPods stolen... I'll stick with CD's.

Linux!

After having three iPods stolen... I'll stick with CD's.

I'm not that leet :(

Actually if the Ipod Touch had about a hundred or so more GB of storage, I'd think about it...I think the concept is cool, but 16GB of FLAC is nothing @ ~300MB or so per album.

so im guessing from the comments back a ipod is a no go... hmm... well thank you guys for that.. im not really a audiophile so im not really sure what the vocab you are using but from what i kind of get im guessing that cds are the way to go... also another question if i download a cd from online, it comes as a mp3 so its not as good as a cd i would pick up from the store?

so im guessing from the comments back a ipod is a no go... hmm... well thank you guys for that.. im not really a audiophile so im not really sure what the vocab you are using but from what i kind of get im guessing that cds are the way to go... also another question if i download a cd from online, it comes as a mp3 so its not as good as a cd i would pick up from the store?

ehh i've read that there is a difference between a CD downloaded even at a high kbps than a cd you buy from a store. little to none iirc.

ever think about building up a carputer?

mp3car.com

A CD is better than an ipod in sound quality. Downloading a CD through Amazon or itunes is not as equal as the CD's quality (they compress the sound). Lossless codec's like FLAC on the other hand...

Even though I live off of my ipod, when I want to play a favorite artist of mine, I'll typically put the cd in.

I like my Zune...it supports lossless.

I didn't know that.

If my cd player had Zune control, I'd buy one. Unfortunatley, iPod and Myspace rule our country.

I like my Zune...it supports lossless.

I didn't know that.

If my cd player had Zune control, I'd buy one. Unfortunatley, iPod and Myspace rule our country.

Facebook too. And Calorie counting.

I put a bunch of MP3 on my PC years ago, at a high setting and they still did not sound good so I gave up. I just use CDs or waves. Storage is getting so cheap though it would be nice to use something cheap and with larger capacity than a CD....since they kept DVD out of the market. Maybe a big flash drive/etc would work. I don't need 2K songs on it, but hundreds would be nice. I will not buy an ipod mostly because it is proprietary and because they are expensive for something that could be lost/stolen/damaged so easily. Also I would only use it in the car 99% of the time so what would I do with it? Carry it around? I can burn CD and care less if something happens to them in the car and have 100% quality.