Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

New Heatsink

Any way people with the older 3000s can upgrade to the better heatsink, I can use all the cooling I can get when summer comes, it is probally 100+ degrees in my trunk.

All the work is done -- new heatsink is done, new crossover tooling is done -- I just need to gather some capital for them. Just keeping existing models in stock has become quite a challenge as Sundown becomes more popular worldwide :)

i can dig that. i have been going through the same thing with some (non-audio) products i am developing. how about a pre-sale? i'm in for 2.

There will be a pre-sale, I just need more time to gather capital for the 250.2 model.

thats will be cool I would be interested in some 250.2 amps also........

Aloha

x2

Any way people with the older 3000s can upgrade to the better heatsink, I can use all the cooling I can get when summer comes, it is probally 100+ degrees in my trunk.

Unfortunately, there is not. The 3000D model really needs it least of all, they are the coolest running amp in the line -- just so happens I made the heatsink tool at the same time I was ready for a run of 3000Ds :)

yep when I was testing tast week after several burps and a couple car off and voltage dropping to about 11.5 vots on those couple run my 3000d wasnt even warm mind you its ran at 1/2 ohm daily

yep when I was testing tast week after several burps and a couple car off and voltage dropping to about 11.5 vots on those couple run my 3000d wasnt even warm mind you its ran at 1/2 ohm daily

me too im used to the 500 amp draw of a goliath, but with tha saz 3000 it has so much power and so little draw, and cool as a cucumber@.70ohms

Glad to know I shouldn't be worried about my 3000D then, almost had me worried but happy to know they run cool already.

Thanks Sundown!

Are the Sundown amps selling with the new heatsink yet?

the 3000D is the rest arnt yet the 1500 should have it in April when the new shipment is in and the rest will follow when they get sold out

The SAX-100.4 will also get he new heat-sink in April. The 100.2 will lag behind a bit but will get it with time.

I've got 2 1500's with the old heatsink right now, if i purchase 2 more after the heatsink has changed....using all the amps together shouldnt be a problem should it....i wouldnt think it would be but figured i'd ask

I've got 2 1500's with the old heatsink right now, if i purchase 2 more after the heatsink has changed....using all the amps together shouldnt be a problem should it....i wouldnt think it would be but figured i'd ask

As stated above -- there will be no problems using them together. The changes are for thermal performance and cosmetics, I did not make any new changes to the 1500s internally.

Yeah buddy! The new heatsink is sexy! Jake came up with a great design. The cooling fins underneath the top of the amp is just genius.

Yeah buddy! The new heatsink is sexy! Jake came up with a great design. The cooling fins underneath the top of the amp is just genius.

Jake is almost a genius. w00t.

lol.

Sign in to follow this