Sign in to follow this  
smackdaddy

Pics of 15" install

real nice!!!! how much did the vinyl cost you to do the box? I like the look of it.

Technically it does matter about port placement (there is also a formula for how far the rear of the port - the part that's in the box - needs to be near the woofer itself), but real-world applications have proven otherwise. SPL-wise, you might actually be a little louder with the port firing through the arm rest. I've seen a lot of installs showing porting through the cab and leaving the subs in the trunk...but most of those are bandpass enclosures. The only thing I'm worried about is how "off" the overall sound will be since you will be suffocating the woofer and leaving the port free (i.e., woofer in trunk and port in cab).

But time aligning the woofers output with the ports output is always easier if you just place the port on the same plane as the woofer. Think about it this way, how many SPL vehicles have their ports firing backwards? I know this is not the same application, but if you're going after just overall loudness and you want the lower end of the spectrum amplified then porting through the armrest will get you the results you want.

I used black "leather-like" vinyl from Jo-Ann Fabrics. I think it was 19.99 a yard. backed it with some 3/8 inch foam and that was it. The foam hides any box imperfections (like countersunk screws) and helps round the corners of the box so they look pretty.

Oh yea, someone asked for car pictures before too, so here is one from last year. It looks better now with some window tint though. Here ya go!

front.jpg

Nice, clean, straight car. Ditch the wing though, or get a smaller one. PLEASE! I hate cars with big ol wings that serve no useful purpose.

looks real nice, I bet the tint makes it killer

nice setup..looks sweet..

so does the car!

engine pics are needed now though!! :hyper:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

not a close-up of the engine bay, but someone may enjoy this...

dyno.jpg

FYI, it did 369.9 hp and 347.5 torque this is of course wheel horsepower driven to all 4 wheels.

Makes for a fun ride, Maybe my 1/4 mile would be quicker if I ditched the audio equipment... nah!

Those are GREAT numbers. What all have you done too it? Upped the boost obviously. I see a large instercooler as well.

Also, what RPMs were the peak ratings at?

great car, and whats the mod list?

Hope nobady cares as this strays off topic...

Peak torque at 4k and hp 6k

The list of mods that matter:

Greddy Emanage w/injector and timing control

Greddy Profec B Spec II Boost Controller

AEM Intake

Forge Diverter Valve

AMS Front Mount Intercooler

HKS 272/272 Camshafts

HKS Adjustable Cam Gears

ARP Head Studs

780cc Injectors

255 lph Fuel Pump

Buschur Racing 3" Turbo Back Exhaust

Exedy Twin Disk Clutch

Once again, sweet car!

I just found out that my car needs a head gasket, so I'll be putting the performance I was planning on doing on hold for a bit.

Very nice car though. Even with the system it'll still smoke almost anything out there that you entcounter daily. :)

I just found out that my car needs a head gasket, so I'll be putting the performance I was planning on doing on hold for a bit.

On a Honda? With no boost? How often do you head that happening?

Thanks for the props!

It does smoke just about everything I run into on a daily basis... I drive about 75 miles a day an it makes the commute enjoyable at times.

:woot:

On a Honda? With no boost? How often do you head that happening?

Yeah, it's called de-turding a car that you bought used. When I'm done with it there will virtually be nothing stock on the car. The wiring has been gutted and re-done, the deadening has been done, the stereo has been re-done (it was a total joke), and now the engine is being remotely gone through. I'll rebuild it for all-motor soon, however. 225 hp on pump gas on a car that weighs 2500 lbs is pretty good. ;)

PS: Whenever we start making money you may see me in a 300+ hp AWD or RWD car. It all depends. :D I love American muscle, but unless gas prices come down I'll be running a fwd car (or a Lotus Esprit) getting 25+ mpg and running 13's. :D

i'm going say one word

cancelation...

with the port going thru the armrest and the sub playing in the trunk

u will not get good results.

if your up 4 ideas how about a transmission line box if your not familiar with that kind of box let me know and i'll post the link so u can take look ...and for anybody else that not familiar with transmission line boxes.

always try 2 lend a helping hand

Done it before and have never had a cancellation issue. Always a possiblity, but you never know until you try. Same plane is ideal, but. . . .

Nick, you ever thought about a 330ix?

slap a turbo on that and see what happens, basicly an AWD M3

80inches... School us please. Have you made a TL box with a D2 and if so how did you like it? What did the rough dimensions of the box end up being?

80inches... School us please. Have you made a TL box with a D2 and if so how did you like it? What did the rough dimensions of the box end up being?

nah i never did,,,i'll try it and see what happens

i tryed it and the results are not what i expected.

the qts factor was ok i personally think the fs was high for that kind of application...but it works well in a bandpass..tuned at 55hz

and a 1.25cuft. sealed box

i tryed it and the results are not what i expected.

the qts factor was ok i personally think the fs was high for that kind of application...but it works well in a bandpass..tuned at 55hz

and a 1.25cuft. sealed box

UM I MADE A MISTAKE I DID A 12D2 INSTEAD OF A 15D2...SO WHAT GAVE WAS 4 A 12 ..HERES how the 15 worked

in ported box of 3.54cuft. external and 2.946cuft. internal(box specs are 36w X 17h X 14d) ..port tuned to 31.6hz, (port specs are 15x2x24)the 15d2 went deep at high high spl...at 30hz it hit 133db's which is not bad i'm sure it can produce more once u put it in a car and the incar frequency start to take effect.. the power i supplies the woofer was 1000w...the only draw back i see is that it stays linear down to about 17hz...anything lower the suspension starts going beyond its xmax..but if put 800w to it ..the 15d2 stays within its xmax limit down to 5hz.

i hope this helps smackdaddy

Thanks for the info. I still think I'm going to have to try the 15 ported before I'll be happy with my sealed box... To bad I like having trunk space.