Sign in to follow this  
snock

Infinite Baffle up and running - Thanks to mach5 & Aaron

Hello all,

I just thought i would post a few pics of my recently finished infinite baffle project. I picked up 4 IXL 18s from SSA about 6 months ago and just now got around to A) having a house and B) setting everything up. It seemed like i would never get there but now that i have i cant get enough. i had forgotten how great IB sounds. effortless attack and flat to single digits. i couldnt be happier. (well apart from fixing a few rattling ducts :) ) anyway, thanks to mach5 for making the beastly IXL and to Aaron for allowing me to pick up the drivers and save some shipping money. Also a bunch of thanks to ThomasW for the cult IB site.

http://picasaweb.google.com/steven.nock/IB

Nice build man! It looks like you custom built the "enclosure" for the drivers. Either that, or they are venting into a back room...

Looks excellent. Is that just a spare room that you're venting into? I see the door there but it looks like there's nothing inside other than the rear of the IXL's.

Very clean.

Looks excellent. Is that just a spare room that you're venting into? I see the door there but it looks like there's nothing inside other than the rear of the IXL's.

Very clean.

the ib enclosure was built out just for the ib so the drivers and some boxes of wires are all that are in the closet. there is also rear access to my component rack which has been just excellent to have.

That looks like a wicked setup man.. I still dont understand what kind of amp you would use to power that many subs.. care to elaborate for me ? :-).. thanks man.. looks sick tho !

That is beautiful. I showed it to my wife and she wants me to keep this in mind when we get our next house. Unfortunately I am restricted in the current house. Great job though!

thanks, everyone, for the complements. i will have to show my wife so she knows that i am not the only one that thinks this stuff is cool. :) as for the amp question, IBs are fairly efficient (whatever the driver rating is). so i am actually getting by with a small Acurus amp right now. 150 RMS per channel. The IB cult folks recommend a pro amp in order to have enough headroom so that is my goal after i unload a few things on ebay to pay for a new amp. but for now the IB w. Acurus is doing a great job. i will report back with my thoughts on small amp vs big amp.

I hope to be able to hear it one day. :D

Jealous