Sign in to follow this  
MikeyB

Pics**18"BTL/KX2500-no56k**

I think this is actually my first post on this forum, I usually frequent ol' ca.com

Anywho, Im putting an 18" Fully Loaded BTL in the back of my 95 Cougar. Pics should explain whats up

Oh yeah the system includes:

Alpine CDA-9847

CTD-61 6.5" Components

HiFonics Nemesis

18" Fully Loaded BTL

Kicker KX2500

220 amp Iraggi Alt

50ft+ of 1/0 from welding supply

20ft of 4ga Rockford

Big Interstate under hood

Yellow Top in trunk

^ I think thats everything, or most of it

The build should start this coming weekend if its not to cold and if I have propane for the heater in the garage lol

Comments/Input?

Dream004.jpg

Dream005.jpg

Dream006.jpg

Dream007.jpg

Dream009.jpg

Dream010.jpg

Dream012.jpg

Dream012copy.jpg

Dream013.jpg

Dream014.jpg

Dream016.jpg

Dream017.jpg

Dream023.jpg

Dream024.jpg

Dream026.jpg

Dream031.jpg

^ Reconing it in the next day or two when I go pick up some CA glue

Pic2387428423023.jpg

Pic2387428423022.jpg

100_0545.jpg

Yellow top in my t-bird that will be going into the trunk

Pods022.jpg

Oh and the pods as they sit in the bird right now, got lots of swapping to do, and lots more installing. Should be a fun little project though, hopefully it will be loud enough.

Also, the pods are going to be re-wrapped and the tweets are going to be put on the a-pillars

Edited by MikeyB

Holy cow! Someone from CA.com that actually did more than just a HU, Amp and subs!? What is this world coming to?

Looks good man, your door pods look great.

Holy cow! Someone from CA.com that actually did more than just a HU, Amp and subs!? What is this world coming to?

Looks good man, your door pods look great.

lol thanks, I know what you mean, fortunately Im not a noob :) Atleast not a big noob

I am going to completely glass the doors in the cougar though this summer when I paint the car and do some more interior work. My next investment is definately a better amp for the front stage. I might end of going a different route all together by the summer time so I am waiting till then to completely glass them. Pods didnt turn out too bad at all, and for the power these are gettin from the hifonics, which should be somewhat close to the rms rating, they scream! They get very very loud for what they are, I was more than impressed after I put them in the pods.

BTW the hifonics amp was a gift thats why I have it in the first place lol, from my mom. Also, I will be deadening the doors so after that point and an amp upgrade the front stage might be just enough for my needs :P

how are you liking those CDTs man... and good luck on your build

Very impressed with them for the money. I think they were only like 130 or something when I get them a while back. I think they're rate for 100wrms or slightly more. In my stock doors the mids are very potent after tweaking the amp and hu a little bit. I hate my decks stupid eq bullchit. I need to a get a nice one sometime. I know if I deadened the doors I could make these things pound though.

Im sure they will keep up just fine with the btl :)

Quite the lean on the passenger seat. Nice pods, that is going to be loud.

The second time I got that comment. lol got the same thing over at ca. Why is it hard to believe that someone >6ft tall has to lean back to keep their knees out of the dash? You would understand if you sat in either of the cars. Since the interior is the same between the bird and cougar. The seats sink pretty low but you cant get under the dashboard, not too mention the wheel would be right in my face anyway. I honestly have the seat positioned to were my back lays flat on the seat and my hand reaches the steering wheel without having to over extend my arm for it. And no Im not black, and no I dont lean into the middle of the car when I drive lol

^^^ Haters....just cant stand that Im a pamp :squintfinger:

Edited by MikeyB

The second time I got that comment. lol got the same thing over at ca. Why is it hard to believe that someone >6ft tall has to lean back to keep their knees out of the dash? You would understand if you sat in either of the cars. Since the interior is the same between the bird and cougar. The seats sink pretty low but you cant get under the dashboard, not too mention the wheel would be right in my face anyway. I honestly have the seat positioned to were my back lays flat on the seat and my hand reaches the steering wheel without having to over extend my arm for it. And no Im not black, and no I dont lean into the middle of the car when I drive lol

^^^ Haters....just cant stand that Im a pamp :squintfinger:

for the record...i've met ///M5 & he's 6'7" tall, lol If anyone would know about a lean, it'd be him. Carry on....lols

looking good....

but IMO, you should upgrade your neg. terminal to gold plated as well... and maybe the wires too( finish-big 3)...

ground is just as/ if not more important than power.

Hes better off using the copper ring terminals on the front of the battery... gold is horrible compared to copper for current flow.

really....

then, why upgrade the pos. to gold?.....

copper>Gold>Platinum.... Right? :puzzled:

Guest zedman
The gold doesnt corrode... That is all.

Yeah right.

Well, corrodes less. IF you check out resistance of the metals tho copper is 1.68 to e-8 whereas gold is 2.4 ish. Copper is a better conductor, plain and simple.

That picture of the yellow top is of my other car and before I even put the big 3 on it, which is like over a year old pic. Both terminals were upgraded literally the day after that picture. It was only posted as a reference to the battery.

But I have an update, I ran 2 runs of 1/0 and a seperate run of 4 for my front amp. I also have 4 new battery terminals for both batteries and a large bag of copper battery terminals.

Ill post the pics up when I feel like it in a min

Also, I completely gutted all of the wiring out of my tbird, I just have to yank the yellow top out and my pods out of the door panels. Hopefully on sunday I can put on my new headlights and clear corners, install the 6.5's and front amp, wrap up the wiring and get it all prepared to start construction in the backseat fing05.gif

Another update, I finished up the wiring under the hood, big 3, added the alt. Now Im just waiting on a back window seal gettin installed this weekend and I can start the build officially :)

Pics in a few

i love the 1/0 welding cable...what's the price difference from regular car cable to that welding wire? and how flexible is that stuff?

looking good though..

Well, lots of progress I sort of forgot about this thread so Ive got a big update for anyone whos checked it out so far.

I have everything in, just finishing up the enclosure, had to make some changes for a different port design and I still have to cut and wrap the beauty panels that will seal it all off from the rear of the car. Enclosure is just above 7 cube, 99sqin of port, tuned to 32hz. The initial port I put in was just a temporary solution when I ran out of mdf and used what I could. It was 110sqin at 32 though, but choked off inside of the box due to it bottoming out a little.

Should have it back in and playing tommorow, I will add the last two baffles that I have cut and bring it back up to 7 layers.

Update007.jpg

Update006.jpg

Update008.jpg

Update010.jpg

Update011.jpg

Update012.jpg

Update2002.jpg

Update2004.jpg

Update2005.jpg

Update2006.jpg