tceejay

Best sub that can handle only 150watts?

this is for my gf's ride.... its going to be ran off from one of the bridged outputs on a 4 channel amplifier with a pair of components. Need some suggestions. Thanks.

So the requisites you need are:

• 150w power handling
  • 4 ohm load
  • price/budget?
  • sealed box or ported?

So the requisites you need are:
  • 150w power handling
  • 4 ohm load
  • price/budget?
  • sealed box or ported?

Yes> the RMS is 150watts

Yes> 4 ohm load

Price is open

Sealed enclosure

10" sub preferred

Subs I have been looking at are the 10" ID and 10" IDQ

Any others I should consider?

SS RL-i 10S4?

only two i have extensive and very positive knowledge of

JL 10w1v2

Infinity 1030W

both were fenominal

I loved my Alpine Type E. A lot of people under estimate these subs. In a nice ported box off 100 watts it sounded really good and got decently loud

I thought the SD-1v1's were SVC8, and the SD-1v2's were DVC4?

Getting ready to do a similar project in a friends car. We are going with a pro audio woofer with high sensitivity and low watts. Using a highpass at the real low (just under the tuning frequency to protect the speaker) it should be surprisingly loud. It is a 15 inch driver. Try the Selenium SWS 600 or 800 models. About a 150. Yes they are 8 ohm or rather 6.4 ish. Won't mess with the amp and will still be loud! Box size isn't crazy either. 2.5-3 cubes.

Do any daytons fit the bill?

I'm thinking of trying the blue paper pyramid originals. Yeah keep on laughing, but unless they have been changed they worked well for lower power apps in the old days. Worked best IB or large ported so they might be higher Q, and I only used the 10s. I have 4 12s and it would be $86 shipped to swap and try them. They are rated more efficient than any of their other subs... I used to hit xmax with 2x75 amps IB on 10s or in 2cf ea ported. They would do 30Hz. These 4 12s I have now put out more than I need and weigh a ton. I can't believe nobody here has experimented with them, there just isn't much around for low wattage and efficient subs today. It would help if they published some T&S for them. I bought one of the royal blue 10s for a project and it came with a few specs, worked ok but was a powered enclosure and had nothing to compare it to. The originals 12 list SPL @ 1W/1M 98dB. http://www.teptronics.com/wx125.html

Well, I always though it was fun to mess with the stuff and find out. But if you don't have the time like I don't anymore then you don't do it. If they are more efficient I should be able to run less power and less weight...and still have close to the same output without rebuilding my baffle. Only thing is I used to run them in the sun and they would die after 2-3years; the foam. Not in sun they lasted longer, but foam is different on them now. I also hammered them daily. About 100wrms/ch/per sub old school amp and the 10s would start to blow if you pushed them.