keith77

What is FI's policy on exchanges

I currently have a pair of Q's each running off 1500 watts. I wanted to do a sound quality setup but now im wishing I would have gone with the BLs because all i really wanted to do is get loud. is there any way i can exchange my pair of Qs for a pair of BLs.

Thanks

Keith

Sorry man can't do it, you should be able to sell them on like caraudio.com or something

Thanks!

-Nick

You send them to me and I exchange them for $1 bills. One for each sub.

No seriously you will have to sell them, it shouldn't be too hard though. Great drivers.

indeed people should want them.. but i warn you i see too many people try and sell used subs... for the same price thay bought them... and then charge shipping......... i might as well go to fi.... where its a NEW SUB... and FREE shipping./

but i was just telling my boy ricky bobby he should pick them up from you...

from Talladega Nights?

"I'm on Fire!!"

Not sure on what enclosure you have them in... But if haven't already, put them in a ported box tuned low. You'll get alot more output on the lower frequencies which it sounds like what you want. Perhaps you can build it to be a good home for the BL's too if you decide to go that route. Also, i have the same amount of power pushing a single 15" Q with the BP power option and it's happy. You should buy another amp to double your power and see if that does it for you. It wouldn't be a waste because if you want two BL's you're gonna need to double the power that your running anyways. And this way, you might end up saving yourself from losing some money on the sale of the subs. It's what i do anyhow... *shrugs*

from Talladega Nights?

"I'm on Fire!!"

lol nah his name is ric-jacon, but i call him ricky bobby cause hes kinda weird like the dood in the movie, and who else has hyphons in there name?

im about to upload more vids ... hes in one of them

Ya man I see alot of cases where lets say the FI Q sub is 279 shipped. Someone will try to sell it for like 200 plus shipping which would be like 230 hell id rather just spend the extra 50 for new

I currently have a pair of Q's each running off 1500 watts. I wanted to do a sound quality setup but now im wishing I would have gone with the BLs because all i really wanted to do is get loud. is there any way i can exchange my pair of Qs for a pair of BLs.

Thanks

Keith

You need to double up that power. Two Q15's on an IA40.1, snapped the welds connecting the sheet metal of my roof to the cross bracing in my Magnum.

Ya man I see alot of cases where lets say the FI Q sub is 279 shipped. Someone will try to sell it for like 200 plus shipping which would be like 230 hell id rather just spend the extra 50 for new

Do you think $200 shipped for Fi Q 12" 1ohmDVC is reasonable?

how long did you use them... who installed them and how hard hard did you play them.... and where is your gain at on that amp?

id buy one for that price.

how long did you use them... who installed them and how hard hard did you play them.... and where is your gain at on that amp?

Used for a month... I installed it in a sealed 1 cu ft enclosure and then a 2.0 cu ft ported @ 32hz.... gain is 1/4 from lowest setting on a Diamond Audio D31000.1 amp

Used for a month... I installed it in a sealed 1 cu ft enclosure and then a 2.0 cu ft ported @ 32hz.... gain is 1/4 from lowest setting on a Diamond Audio D31000.1 amp

yeah thats worth it:D

yeah thats worth it:D

I'm selling. Just wondering if thats an appropriate price to sell.

i paid $200 shipped for my used 12, you should have no problem at all selling for that price.

I would suggest you post your box specs though, i've seen a pair of 12" Qs break 150db pretty easily. a new box may be all you need to get the loud you desire

when you go to post them in the For Sale section if you do or havent already, make sure you take pics of the spider and the leads on both sides. This will show people if you have abused them or not.

Another little thing that some buyers like is having a live DMM reading on the coils showing that they are operational.

Not sure on what enclosure you have them in... But if haven't already, put them in a ported box tuned low. You'll get alot more output on the lower frequencies which it sounds like what you want. Perhaps you can build it to be a good home for the BL's too if you decide to go that route. Also, i have the same amount of power pushing a single 15" Q with the BP power option and it's happy. You should buy another amp to double your power and see if that does it for you. It wouldn't be a waste because if you want two BL's you're gonna need to double the power that your running anyways. And this way, you might end up saving yourself from losing some money on the sale of the subs. It's what i do anyhow... *shrugs*

Dont get me wrong, they sound especially good on the lows but on some notes (punchy notes around 35-40hz) the speakers sound like they are about to fly out of the box and they make a nasty popping sound. If i turn down the volume where the bass isnt distorted it doesnt seem that loud to me. It seems like i have too much power going to them. Ive got them in a 7 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz. I have 2 mtx TA81001 amps, one for each sub. Voltage stays around 13 volts. Bass boost is set at 0, gain is a little bit under halfway. subsonic is at 35 hz, X-over is set around 90. I also have the BP option.

Edited by keith77

if your subsonic is at 35hz why is the box tuned to 28?

edit: what i mean to say is that combination doesn't make sense. given the power you're giving them it may be necessary at times but a higher tuned box seems like it'd fit your needs.

What does where the gain is set really have anything to do with...anything?

It's meaningless just to say that...

poping is never good.

Alright, your original post kinda confused me a little. I thought the pair was seeing only 1500 watts. But after looking up your amp specs i'm now assuming they're getting 3000. You do have 2 ohm dvc subs wired in parallel for a final load of 1 ohm right? If so, it sounds like you're getting all you can out of them. You should turn the sub sonic filter on the amp down to about 25 hz though. IIRC, it should be set to a few hz's below tuning. It won't get you to where you want to be but still, it's set to high. Let me know how you like the BL's. Peace...

When I first built the box it was tuned to 32hz. The SSfrequency was set to 20 hz and it made the popping sound on low notes. I know someone who has SSDs and he told me to tune lower and it would take care of the problem. One of the moderators told me to set my subsonic 3-4hz higher than tuning. So i tuned lower at 28hz and put the around 35 and it doesnt make the poping noise on 30hz and under now, only around 35-40hz and only on a few songs. Could it have anything to do with my port area. The box is split into 2 chambers, each port(L port) is 2x20.5" with a length of about 34. The speakers are dual 2 wired to 1 ohm. Any help is appreciated.